“Vibes are immaculate”

Albert's Schloss
Ranked #207 of 2,503 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$21 - US$41
Reviewed 2 June 2021 via mobile

Definitely one of my favourite spots in Manchester! Food is always really good and the service is top notch as well. Tonight there was live performances which were excellent. Our server Alice deserves a big shoutout, super friendly and attentive. Thank you Alberts Schloss

1  Thank izzyc925
Write a reviewReviews (2,144)

Reviewed 2 June 2021

I came here on the 1st of June for a first date, from the moment we were seated the atmosphere was great, and our server Alice was brilliant. Attentive and helpful, and answering our questions as both of us had not been here before, the food and drinks we ordered were tasty and quick to arrive.

I would definitely recommend this place and I would definitely recommend Alice as our server :)

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank kristiand962
Reviewed 1 June 2021

Service was nice by both staff members.

The food was nice, but the pretzel tasted stale and the croquettes we had were all luke warm instead of hot.

One thing that grated on me the most was the fact that our main course came out before our starter plates had been cleared, I think this is really bad service, and the server should of been able to keep on top of the tables that they had.

We ordered a £100 bottle of champagne and it was served completely wrong, no serving napkin, and the young girl who served it had no clue what to do, also she placed our glasses down by grabbing the rim of the glass at the top and putting them in front of us, firstly this is bad service and unprofessional, secondly COVID.......?

On making my booking I did say that one guest was registered blind and please could we have a large print menu.

Yet again this wasn’t addressed at all, and I think that the manager should be aware of any bookings with disabled guests on as to make them feel included in the dining experience. Which they were not made to feel included.

On ringing to confirm my booking I did mention this to the host Isabel, and the reply was rather some what funny, “ the menus are printed on large sheets” obviously did not understand the difference between “large font” and “large piece of paper”

Nice place but could be managed better, and more staff training on how to deal with disabled customers.

2  Thank Booty28
natasha_schloss, Marketing at Albert's Schloss, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2021

Hi Booty28,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Albert's Schloss, I'm sorry to see you only rated us 3* and that there were a number of issues with your visit.

We appreciate all feedback as a means of improving our guest experience so I will of course be raising these issues with our venue management team for review with their teams, so thank you for bringing them to my attention. I can understand of course why you would feel disappointed given the comments you have raised above; I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your visit with you in more detail if you could please contact me on sophiel@albertsschloss.co.uk so we can try to rectify this.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,
Sophie

Reviewed 1 June 2021

Queued up on Sunday evening, waited about 15 mins which was good compared to other places. was seated outside on the benches table of 6.
We requested a menu was informed that it would be other shortly, so ordered drinks, waited a period of time for these to arrive, No food menu sent with drinks & then was informed that food orders had finished, that was the reason to go in the establishment. Not great communication.

1  Thank neilk758

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Albert's Schloss, I'm sorry to see you only rated us 3* and that there was a miscommunication on the day regarding service. We always aim to deliver 5* experiences to our guests so I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your visit with you in more detail if you could please contact me on sophiel@albertsschloss.co.uk.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,
Sophie

Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

Second visit here and was still great! Food was amazing! Great atmosphere, felt safe and staff were friendly. Recommend this place for food or drinks!

Date of visit: April 2021