“Bad croissant, bad macaron”
Review of Patisserie Gilg

Patisserie Gilg
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Colmar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I wanted to taste the croissants and macarons of this place as it looked very fancy from the outside. The croissants - although tasting quite buttery - was not crispy at all, and tasted like it was baked yesterday. The macarons (raspberry and chocolate) were both under baked in my opinion. They lacked the crispy shell and chewy centre. Instead, it was just soft through and through.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

My family and I visited Colmar and heard that this Patisserie has the best macarons in town.
The macarons are nice, they are not very sweet.

But the male worker who was helping us was very unfriendly and impatient, rushing us to decide on what flavor we want as my brother and I took quite some time to decide.
and when we're ready to pay, he was talking on the phone, and asked to wait for him.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We discovered the Patisserie Gilg on a walk around Colmar. The selection of pastries were vast and we thought our selection were outstanding. We thought the macaroons were delicious! The lady who helped us was friendly and delightful.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Went in with my wife and kids after I heard so much about this place, and was confronted with a very rude salesperson that simply wanted us out of the store with no clear reason. He kept rushing us to make a choice although we only spent a few seconds looking at the options. Then direct us to the cash register and asked us to leave the place after we paid. I never in all my life experienced such rude experience entering a store. So much that I didn't even say anything and only when we went out I realized what happened.
To be fair the pastries were good. However, we went into several other places in Colmar and they were all good. I cannot recommend this place.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

For us, Patisserie Gilg had some of the most delicate, well-made macarons we had ever tried! The staff were very welcoming and helpful, and the range of cakes and small eats was huge. Incredible and we shall return whenever we are in the area.