All reviewsclean roomsdecent choicetriple roomlate arrivalold townthe main train stationan easy walknext morningwould stay here againlobbywifireceptionparkingcathedralfrench
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

we stayed here for 3 nights. we enjoyed every minute
we were two families. one stayed in a triple room, which was unbelievably spacious, with two big rooms, another spacious setting room and large shower.
location- great location. 10 mins from every important point (the cathedral, plenty of restaurants, the train station), just outside there is a supemarket.
the rooms were clean. The lobby is small but is enough to enjoy a glass of wine at a great atmosphere.
Staff- very nice. Helpful
Breakfast basic but more than enough with 4 kinds of cheese, salami, bacon, and ham and more... So we really enjoyed it
So in my opinion great great small hotel with amazing location and staff.

Stayed: January 2018
sebastien d, Propriétaire at Couvent des Franciscains, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Ihab a,

I thank you for your excellent comments on TripAdvisor about you stay at the hotel le Couvent du Franciscain in Strasbourg.
I transfer these kind words about the room, cleanliness, staff and breakfast to all my team.
I hope to see you soon in your home for your next stay..
I wish you and your family an happy new year 2018.
My best regards,

Sebastien Denys

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Nice and good hotel very close to city centre. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Good Wifi. Using of hotel parking was a little bit unusual. Finding the hotel also was a little bit difficult due to dark and Winterly day.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Karel V
sebastien d, Gérant at Couvent des Franciscains, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear Karel V,
I thank you for your nice comments on Tripadvisor and I am more than satisfied to read such a good sentences on my hotel.
I hope to see you soon, and I wish you a merry Christmas.
Best regards

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We came to this hotel not by choosing it, but because our reserved hotel was full and send us here.

Passing the main road the hotel is very discrete, it is located in a small street, perpendicular to the main one, not the easy to find. We parked on the small street but we needed to reverse to the main road to go the parking in the other part of the quarter. By doing that we climbed a vertical parking to the 5th floor and our (paid) parking was found. A bit difficult was to find an elevator... no indications and the perspective of doing 5 floors with the luggage was not the best entrance.
But eventually (by testing all doors) we found the elevator and descended to the ground... another small adventure; find the correct exit, so we found ourselves in closed condominium and we had to travel all over the block to come back.

The lobby is ok for the category hotel (***). We took the elevator (freezing inside!) and came to the room. How is possible an elevator be that cold? 8-/

The furniture was simple and according the hotel class.
It was cleaned but in the shower could be better, some signs of mold on the tiles joint.

The room was cold and the bed, even if we booked for a couple one, was configured as twin beds approached. At least the mattress should be configured as "one" to avoid the big gap.

The AC conditioner (ugly inside) was not in heating mode, and changing it just turned it off. Tried and retried and nothing. It was late, so we do not call the reception, the cold was present all night.
We decided a little bath to warm us up but, another problem; the maintenance of the shower was not done for sure, as it spread water all over the place! So even a relaxing bath was a fail.

The next day we get up, left and we will not be back to this place.

By the price I am convinced it is easy to find a better option in Strasbourg.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Manuel O,
I thank you for your comments on the Hotel Couvent du Franciscain in Strasbourg.
I do apologize for the matters and I will do my best to make your future stay in the hotel unforgettable.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personnaly whenever you want,
I stay at your entire disposal, and wish you a merry christmas
My best regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2017

It's a bit out of the way, down a little alley and outside the historic city center, but still an easy walk to most of the things you'll want to see in Strasbourg. We walked easily to all the Christmas market sites. The interior is beautifully updated and sleek, everything was clean and light and comfortable. We had a room for three, as our college-age daughter was with us. She had a little alcove of her own, although it was a pass-through to the bathroom. Very helpful staff, appealing breakfast area (although we didn't eat breakfast in the hotel). There's a huge city map on the lobby wall, which was useful for checking before we headed out and fun to trace our route on when we came in at the end of the day.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane S

Dear Jane S,

I thank you for your nice comments on your last stay in the hotel Couvent du Franciscain in Strasbourg.
All the team wish you a merry Christmas and an happy new year 2018.
Our best regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Awwwww our stay became more memorable because of Oreo. I remember playing with him at the hotel lobby a lot. So adorable.
Their rooms were also nice and spacious and the food served during breakfast was terrific.
Their staff was also so helpful and accommodating. Made me love Strasbourg all the more.
Hope to visit again soon.
Please hug Oreo for me!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
sebastien d, Responsable relations clients at Couvent des Franciscains, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel Le Couvent du Franciscain .

It is a pleasure to know that you were pleased by the service provided by our staff and Oreo as well as the location of the hotel, which is indeed very central.

I was thrilled to share your wonderful feedback with all the teams as it is very rewarding for all of us to read such comments.

The entire Le Couvent du Franciscain team looks forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Magali Bonnard