Hotel de l'Orangerie
US$85
  • Bar/Lounge
US$62
Ibis Strasbourg Centre Gare(Strasbourg)(Great Value!)
US$78
Graffalgar(Strasbourg)
US$106
US$94
Hostelworld.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 December 2012

The hotel is located about 30 minutes walk from the city center, which means it is in a quiet part of town. However, the heating in room where we slept was not really adequate. The cold coming from the outer wall suggests that the room is not well insulated. The walls don't do a great job isolating noise either, so we heard very well every time someone walked in or out the rooms around us. The bed wasn't very comfortable either.
All in all - not a great sleep experience. Can this hotel be well "over the hill"? probably...
It should be noted that the staff is friendly and helpful -which is not always the case in France!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the main building, not in the units outside. They have wifi coverage and are warmer.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 18 April 2017

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for your comments after your stay at the hotel. However, we are sorry that the room did not meet your expectations and I apologize for the inconvenience. If this is not the case, do not hesitate to contact the reception next time when you encounter a problem as we may have been able to switch rooms. We have, however, taken note of your remarks that we will not fail to convey to management. Despite this, we hope that you have had a pleasant stay in Strasbourg and that you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence during a future visit to our region.
In the meantime, I send you my sincere greetings,

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I had a single room at the back of the hotel. Double glass windows, LCD TV sets, tidy clean, a LOT of hot water to shower and shave. Quiet and comfortable.
Breakfast is a croissant, a small baguette type bread and a chocolate boulange sided with butter, marmalade and emmenthal cheese. Your choice: tea, coffee (which can be café au lait) or chocolate (which I recommend).

Always showed friendly, took note of the phone calls I received when absent and aware of every requirement. If I made back to Strasbourg I will book again with them. I made a reservation and they billed me as expected.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Phranq2k2
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed there two years ago and again this July. We had a family room for four as we travel with our 18 and 19 year old children.

The rooms are old fashioned and sparse but spacious and cosy. The bathroom is a little dark and there is no shower curtain which leaves us with a completely wet place after everyone has showered!

Breakfast is much too expensive at € 9/person for some bread, a croissant, a 'pain au chocolat' and weak coffee...

We were also bothered by the night receptionist who tried to send us to a specific restaurant. We said we planned to go to another place, he told us we needed a reservation as it is always full, as we refused, he told us to make sure to let them know he sent us... it felt like Marrakesh! Needless to say the restaurant was half empty, we enjoyed a fine dinner and made a point of not mentionning the guy!

Last little annoying point, the room rate is not the same on the website, on the door and at the reception - we were billed € 2/night more, when we mentionned this little difference in price, the receptionist was arrogant about it!

We will probably not return a third time....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Crevette563
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I have stayed at this small and comfortable hotel twice recently during business trips. I really like the place and will return again. Staff are friendly and helpful - and important for a single traveller, it feels very safe and welcoming.

The hotel is conveniently located for the European Institutions but only 15 minute walk into the centre of town. Two of the 3 rooms I have stayed in have been really comfortable and good value for money. The other room faced onto the road at the front and had too muich traffic noise for me. .

Breakfast is pleasant enough but pretty ordinary and expensive at 9 Euros a shout.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for one at the back o
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CrowleyWales
Reviewed 10 April 2010

At 75 euros a night The Hotel de l'Orangerie is extremely over priced. I was quoted 65 euros on the telephone and this would also have been too expensive. Billed as a 3 star hotel, I have stayed in 1 star hotels in Eastern Europe that would disgrace this place. The furniture in the room was tatty with handles missing from cupboards. The shower over the bath has no bracket for mounting the shower head so to shower you have to hold it in your hand. There is no shower curtain so the floor ends up soaking wet. I went out in the evening and on my return had to ring the bell to be let back in - no problem with this, except I was left standing on the door step for nearly an hour before anyone answered! I received no apology. The following day I attempted to negotiate a 10 Euro discount when I checked out to bring the price down to that, that I had originally been quoted. The receptionist refused and the manager was not available to discuss the matter with him. The receptionist also refused to give me his name.

I will never use this hotel again, which is a shame as it is well located and I would have become a regular guest.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo