All reviews superior room great location nice hotel beaches shower centre
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Only 1 short night and morning in Biarritz. Hotel very well located for both the beach, coast walks and town. Rooms small and funky decor not to my taste. However the girl on reception made our stay. She could not have been more welcoming, helpful or informative. She helped us make the most of our short stay and nothing was too much trouble. Glad we were not there in summer as I imagine it would be a nightmare getting around this beautiful little town.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor at front to get a sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

This beautiful seaside village has many places to stay. This was within view of the ocean. My arrival time was late. The manager came down and showed me to my room, they were sold out. Lovely ocean breeze as I opened the window. The room was spotlessly clean and a comfortable bed.. a European breakfast that was fresh and good. Fast WiFi and great water pressure in the shower.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

My friend and I spent one night in Biarritz and stayed at Le Gamaritz. The hotel is perfectly situated close to the beach - only a very short stroll. The rooms are modern and very clean. All the necessary items you will need for your stay are there. I must say the best part of the hotel is the service. Everything was easy as can be - any request we had. We had a very thorough explanation from the staff and a guided tour to our room!! There is a great balcony on the second floor where we enjoyed afternoon drinks. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We spent 3 days in Biarritz and 3 days in San Sebastian in August 2016 as a family. At Le Gamaritz, we were pleased to find that the family room had 2 separate beds tor our children in one room and a nice double bed for my wife and I in another room. The bathroom had a large shower but no bath. Biarritz was fun - good waves for body surfing and swimming; decent restaurants and reasonable shopping. San Sebastian was similar - but bigger - and it was a little too busy for my liking.

Some advice: (1) Don't sit on the toilet lid - I was jet lagged and decided to read in the bathroom to avoid waking my family at 4AM. I am not a big person - 6 feet, 200 pounds - but when I sat down on this particular toilet lid cover it exploded into 20 pieces and cost more that 90 Euros to replace! I found that annoying since anyone can install a $20 plastic toilet seat cover from Home Depot in ~10 minutes and a toilet seat cover should not break if you sit on it. (2) Biarritz can be busy too - we drove out of town and returned in the afternoon to find ALL (7?) public parking garages marked 'Complet' - i.e. Full. We then had to circle for 2 hours to find a parking spot. So arrive in the evening or early in the morning (3) The Biarritz café, Le Ble Noir, had excellent crepes, salads and drinks for a great price!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed in Le Gamaritz for 2 weeks in August. As we were on adult and tie children we took the suite on the ground floor. Although it is perhaps not comparable in size to suites in other hotels it was adequate for us, having a smallish double bed and two comfortable fold down singles.

Breakfast (not included) was a simple French affair. It is worth having it occasionally although there are plenty of good alternatives close by.

From a brief glimpse of the normal double rooms, these seemed quite small.

The best thing about the hotel is its location. It is close to the main area for bars and restaurants, but far enough not to be disturbed by noise and passers by.

It is close to a small sheltered beach which is great for sun bathing. However, at least on a couple of occasions the water was quite filthy with a high risk of swallowing something unpleasant - something needs to be done about it. For swimming it is best to go to the main beach.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family