Hotel Best Western Plus Karitza
Hotel du Palais(Biarritz)
US$437
US$424
Orbitz.com
All reviewsheated outdoor swimming pooltoilet bagsecure underground parkingup hillshort stayminute walkcosts eurosnespresso machineair connice poolshower cubiclecomfort roomwould definitely stay here againa wonderful staywell located hotelstayed here for one nightresidential area
Reviewed 14 October 2017

The hotel's breakfast was superb, and they served late which was great for us getting used to a time change! The room was small, but sufficient for our needs. The staff was generally helpful. There's parking in the hotel but it's not free. The hotel restaurant wasn't open for dinner, but there were some small restaurants a 10 minute walk away which we used the first night. The pool was very refreshing. By the way, the Asiatic Museum across the street from the hotel is excellent.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Although out of the centre a little, there's no benefit from lack of noise. My room was on the street - and whilst not a main road, the traffic was endless, not least the endless scooters and mopeds the locals just love to rev up 24 hours a day. With the window open, it was impossible to hear the TV (which was not a problem, given the only English channel was CNN). Small shower room, with a hinged door on the shower itself which made access tricky. Large people beware.

I've stayed in hotels where noise traveled from room to room, but this was terrible. I think upstairs was having a non-stop flamenco lesson and next door was continually moving furniture to get the fung shui right. It might as well have been a dormitory with curtains separating.

As €15 for the usual French excuse-for-a-breakfast was exorbitant, we went out and found better choices. The "bar" advertised as such is purely the canteen style restaurant and rather a dreary place in the evening. Getting a drink relies on whoever is at reception multi-tasking, some of whom seemed happier than others to do so.

In a pricey town, it's at the value end of the market, so I may be being over critical. If I couldn't/wouldn't pay more then I would stay again despite its shortcomings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street for peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank trevgti
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We choose the hotel for it's proximity to the centre and the price. From the outset we were impressed by the welcome and the helpfulness of the staff. For example parking, best bars and restaurants, taxis etc / nothing seemed a problem
The rooms were clean and bright with great showers, the breakfast was ok but expensive.
We would stay there again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2017

First, the hotel room was immaculate, well maintained, and well stocked with soaps and coffee/tea. Easy to set aircon or heat. Pool area is delightful and the desk staff are quick to hand you a map and give directions to town and local sights. My biggest complaint was the sudden and unexpected closure of the restaurant. The hotel is not "in town" - it is about a 20 minute walk to the nearest restaurant. That's not bad, but a 20 minute uphill walk back to the hotel after a large meal with wine can be difficult! I was also rather disappointed as their food has good reviews. Pizza delivery is available, should this happen to you, and your feet (like mine) are too tired to go back to town for dinner. Having walked the city, I would definitely stay here again, as I saw no other property I would have preferred to be at!!

Room Tip: I loved my room, but if you are on the front of the hotel, be aware that the hotel signage may be a bit of a nuisance to you at night
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Grammy L
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with work as a large group as we were filming in France and Spain.

As a large group we had a lot of specific and unusual needs and reception were brilliant with us. Despite being a demanding bunch, we were well looked after. Stephanie and Pauline met our every request and did brilliantly.

The night porter was equally as brilliant with us and organised room service breakfasts for some of our VIP clients and we were well spoilt with breakfast.

There was a female member of staff from the off set that I felt was quite abrupt. And by the end of our stay as we left (with luggage filling up reception) told us “we are not the only clients in the hotel” meaning we are causing disruption. But with 34 of us and a coach to load we tried to do our best not to impact the hotel too much but at times this couldn’t be helped.

Despite that though, they were brilliant with us and met our every need.

In terms of the rooms - they’re only small. But has everything you need. The shower cubicle is again tiny though and I knocked my elbows on the tiles as I washed up. Housekeeping staff were lovely though as we met them in the mornings.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business