“Not worth a visit”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

The restaurant looks quite nice but beware the food is way below par. I took my wife there e today our first lunch out for nearly eighteen months, what a mistake !
My wife ordered a salad that arrived with my main course but the toast with the goats cheese arrived fifteen minutes later. I ordered the fish and chips which to be frank was abysmal. At an incredible €19 not only was the fish from a factory that had battered it and sold it to the restaurant as a glorified fat Birds Eye fish finger but to add insult to injury the cook reduced it to fibre by overcooking it. What a shame that France so well known for good food should allow it’s fine culinary position to be sullied by this restaurant. A greater shame is that being on the sea that the restaurant should need to resort to factory produced rubbish when at hardly any effort fresh fish is readily available.
A restaurant calling itself a fish specialist I don’t think so.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (693)

Reviewed 14 September 2019

The menu is simple and is mainly fish and seafood. There is a an excellent value Menu de Port at €22.90 which includes a fantastic fish soup. Very good and efficient service and a good selection of wines by the glass.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 8 September 2019 via mobile

Restaurant is close to the entrance of the port and the fort. Plenty of parking close by. The emphasis is on seafood and there is a choice of three different levels of menus of the day. The fish dishes come with spicy sauces. Although the restaurant was busy, service was efficient. Lovely outlook from upstairs part of restaurant.

Note - at busy times a booking is needed because the well regarded restaurants fill up.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 6 July 2019

We visited La Croisiere on the last evening of our holidays, and what a way to finish our trip , great food , great service, great staff , friendly and welcoming, great location and we even got a song on our trip home , Perfect !

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 2 July 2019 via mobile

The waitresses and the owner were very polite. For my diet they did some extra investigation and the kook made me a very nice “moules frites”. My wife had a delicious “pasta carbonara”.
Afterwards we also were very pleased with the nice price. Not expensive and at the same time very tasty and pleasant!

Date of visit: July 2019