Hotel Des Abers(Saint-Malo)
US$129
US$133
US$129
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

US$101
Quic en Groigne(Saint-Malo)
US$118
US$110
Official Site
All reviewsfree shuttlerooms are cleanintermarchesupermarkettvreceptionist
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Terry and I booked into the B&B Hotel. It was handy for catching the Morning ferry to Portsmouth. That way we didn't need to drive to St Malo in the middle of the night.

The hotel was easy to find and very convenient for the ferry terminal. The rooms were basic, a bed, a small desk, a hanging space for clothes, flatscreen TV on the wall and a shower room. Whilst the room may have been small and basic, it was also spotless and comfortable>> so absolutely no issues.

Breakfast the next morning was also basic. A self service buffet offered a continental breakfast plus bacon and scrambled egg. What else would you need ??

We'll be back again next year, that's for sure !!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chod_L
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Never written a review b4 but I have to say we booked here last night before our ferry and it was great.My wife's a clean freak and it was spotless great sleep. staff was great good value for money would recommend to anyone regardless what other reviews have said

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Nigel C
Reviewed 12 August 2016

I was here with a group of six people, in five rooms. The manager/supervisor walked into all of our rooms unannounced, whilst people were in the process of dressing, or sleeping.

When confronted, her response was "you should lock the door if you are inside."

Also, the cleaners start noisily banging doors and waking everyone up from 8am.

The staff here are inconsiderate and unprofessional. I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2016

We had pre poked this hotel in good faith. It is a budget hotel in a convenient place for the ferry. We were a family group requiring four rooms. Not one of the rooms was good. Our room smelt badly, it smelt of damp and cigarettes. We had to ask for one room to be changed as it was disgusting. All the rooms were dark as there is only small window and poor lighting.
Our room shower curtain was dirty, the hygiene was of a very poor standard. The hotel seemed to be manned by kids who were responsible for the cleaning. It is built like an American Motel with the doors opening out onto the verandas, people were banging up and down the noisy access and were noisy, we didn't feel secure enough to open the window as the metal staircases on the outside of the building are easily accessed by anyone. Parking was good. It was easy to find coming into St Malo from Rennes but we will not use this hotel again. You can use an automated machine if you arrived in the middle of the night which would be a bonus, the idea is good, but the reality was not a nice experience.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

We booked one night here before our ferry back to the UK. I booked online, via Hotels.com, and picked it from a list of similarly priced hotels because it advertised free travel cots. When we arrived, I saw the travel cot was set up on our room, but didn't look at it closely. It was only when I came to put our 5 month old to bed at 8pm that I discovered that the base was broken with a large hole in the slats (see attached photo) and there was no mattress. Instead, they had folded a double duvet four times to roughly fit the cot, and shoved it in the bottom!

My husband went to reception to query it, and was told that the mattress had been stolen (!) and that they didn't have another. I tried lying my baby on the duvet, but he sank so deeply into it that it was over the level of his face. I chose to sleep with him in bed with me as a safer alternative, and then slept incredibly badly, worrying about him rolling off the bed in the night. I'm incredibly unhappy with this service - the cot was not fit for purpose, and this should have been made clear when we arrived so that we could find another hotel. I feel that sleeping in the cot would have actually been dangerous and restricted his breathing. I will not use this company again and would not recommend to others.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire C
Sandrine A, Gérant at B&B Hotel SAINT-MALO Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear Madam,
I acknowledge your comment and thank you for sharing him with us.
After reading, I can you offer my sincere apologies about the disappointment that you have experienced. Although you have enjoyed the hospitality of our team and the cleanliness of our hotel.
I have not failed to communicate with my staff your feedback, and we have taken all necessary measures so that the equipment control procedures are followed. We also performed immediately change the mattress.
I hope you will give us another chance so that we can demonstrate that the error was an exception.

Very sincerely,