Hotel Le Maxime
  • Bar/Lounge
US$173
US$164
Hotels.com
Ibis Styles Auxerre Nord(Auxerre)(Great Value!)
US$95
ibis Styles
US$94
US$103
US$100
Travelocity
All reviewsthe riverold townsecure parkingfirst floorreturn visita king size bedstreet parkingolder hotelstop floorperfect positionlady on receptionbeautiful hotelbooked a superior roomtwo nightslovely roomper nighten route
Reviewed 18 April 2017

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel, and I've enjoyed it both times. It is a very classic hotel, with a lovely view of the river if you stay on that side. This time, I was a little disappointed that I didn't get the river view. And I had a few issues with the shower door in my room. But, besides that, the staff is awesome and the environment is very calm and relaxing. If I'm ever in Auxerre again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2016

We were driving from the Ardeche Forest to Paris and needed a stopover fairly close to Paris; we have been to Auxerre before and thought an afternoon/evening here would be pleasant. We also needed secure parking so we didn't have to unpack the car (we had been traveling for two months at this point) and twin beds because I was just recovering from elbow surgery from a vacation accident.

The reception folks were very helpful, even carrying bags since I couldn't manage them myself and we had secure parking as requested and left most of our stuff in the car. The room was comfortable and pleasant with the twin beds requested. Breakfast was ample and pleasant.

The location is fabulous. It is right on the river and below the Cathedral. We were able to stroll to the historic center, visit the Cathedral, find a nice place for dinner and then stroll back to the hotel through picturesque streets.

Excellent Experience.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

What a great recommendation I have to give for this hotel.
The rooms are fairly small, clean and nicely decorated. Ask for a room on the front of the hotel, as those offer beautiful river views.
But it is not the hardware, but the staff which easily lifts this three star hotel into the four star category! They are ever-smiling, polite and helpful: from checkin, breakfast and all the way to checkout. One staff member even brought us to the airport as no taxis were available at that time! This kind of commitment to customer service is unknown to the vast majority of hotels in France! Keep up the excellent work!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2016

We booked this an hour before staying as we needed somewhere to stop over on our way to the Cote d'Azur.

We found it very easily and its really central with great views over the river, there is a decent amount of parking at the back and the staff were lovely.

Rooms are shabby chic style, lots of restaurants close by, just can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2016

My first time in Auxerre and this hotel did not disappoint. The room was tidy, clean and had all the amenities that one needs for a short stay. No coffee/tea machine or facilities in the room, but that shouldn't be a negative. There is a fridge bar in the room and air conditioning. Rooms are small and that is common in Europe. Close to all the sites etc within walking distance.
The staff were very helpful and great customer service. Checkout us actually 12pm which is excellent.
The luggage storage is very safe as well!
Recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I had a room not facing the road ,it was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo