“Best Lebanese Food Ever”
Review of Assanabel Paris

Assanabel Paris
Ranked #251 of 18,347 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$27 - US$74
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Château d'Eau / Gare du Nord
Reviewed 26 May 2015

My wife and I are both big fans of Middle Eastern cooking and have dined at various restaurants through out the United States and abroad. She had read about Assanabel in a book she had brought along for the trip. Thanks to the Trip Advisor map on my phone we were able to find it without a hitch. We started with some baba ganoush and I had the chicken brochette while my wife had the beef. The meat was exceptionally well seasoned and tender. The dish was accompanied by an ample portion of rice and salad. Though not indicated on the menu we were served bowls of fresh fruit following the meal that left no room for desert so we settled the check. I saw the owner and told him how much we both enjoyed the food, that it was far superior to anything we can find in the Washington DC area. He went over to the pastries and gave us a couple of pieces of baklava and the pistachio pastry (whose name I can never remember). This was melt in your mouth stuff and since my wife doesn't care much for baklava, I thoroughly enjoyed all three pieces! The price was quite moderate for the quality of the food and the good service.

We were there in the middle of the week and on the early side so there was not a problem getting a table. This is strongly recommended for all those who enjoy Middle Eastern cuisine.

3  Thank Alan G

Reviewed 23 May 2015

Found this place while looking on trip advisor for restaurants near our hotel on Boulevard de Magenta.

We made the "mistake" of ordering a 7 plate mezze for two people. A mezze is a collection of small dishes of various types.

We were expecting small samples of the various foods. A whole lot more food than that showed up. We ate as much as we could, but could not finish it all.

The food was tasty, and the prices were quite reasonable. And yes, when you are done with the meal, they throw in a huge plate of fruit.

1  Thank BCPaq
Reviewed 12 March 2015 via mobile

It was my first time in this restaurant, and I must admit I was very satisfied with both food and service. The owner is a funny and super nice guy who offered us a huge fruit platter at the end of the meal. Good value also. I warmly recommend it!

Reviewed 23 December 2014

the 4 1/2 star rating we received through Siri (iphone) convinced us to go there. The moment you open the door, you see people laughing, eating and enjoying the nice atmosphere. We received a warm welcome and while we even didn't make a reservation, 5' later we could sit at a nice table. The food was excellent (try the baba ganoush), the people are friendly and the bill was a surpise in a positive way ;-). A place to go back !

Reviewed 4 December 2014 via mobile

I visited whilst attending business in Paris in Oct 2014 and really enjoyed the food and great service.