“Beautiful restaurant”

Cuisines: French, Central American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Place d'Italie / Quartier Asiatique
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Frankly, the food is not that great, but it's hard to remember that because the host is just a delightful, friendly, enthusiastic, charming guy. And the restaurant itself is quite delightful - the tables are generous, the linen, the paintings, the decor, the ambience are all excellent. Sadly, all this was let down by food that was a bit pedestrian - my chateaubriand was overdone and the sauce was burnt (sauce Alsace - maybe it's meant to be like that?). The clafoutis was burnt, too, but the bit that wasn't burnt was quite nice. My husband's meal was overcooked, too, although the generosity of the host plying him with rum "tastings" seemed to make up for it ;-)

Reviewed 6 December 2016

We went there on Friday evening for dinner. The place is incredible. Elegant, romantic, pictoresque and the owner is a such a character. I had the armenian starter which was tasty and chateaubriand with roquefort...one of most delicious thing I ever had. I strongly recommend to try this restaurant at least once. Unfortunately it's quite far from the city center but if you are nearby you have no excuses.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

I am really half and half with this one.
On one side staff was really really friendly - we had recommandations and suggestions, small talk in the end, nice area.

And don't take me wrong - food was very good. Meat was tender and scallops were very well prepared. But wasn't just worth the money. My argentinien steak tasted like normal beef - with a bit of fat and nerves - and there were 4 scallops in a 30 euros dish ??

So it s nice if you don't worry about money, but if you do, then try one of the other gazzilion restautants of Paris

PS: trip advisor team, your price range ranking (from 1 to 4 £) is completely broken. Why don't you simply ask peope to enter a euro figure ? Like 35 euros per person for 3 course meal. That would be VERY valuable and a lot easier to read !!!!

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

This place was simply amazing the atmosphere the wait staff and even the cook were very friendly, this place made me feel at home. The menu was in French but the waiter sat down at the table to translate the menu for us. The food was amazing!!!!!!

1  Thank D. S
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic. The owner was so welcoming and made us feel so at home. My French is crap but he translated the menu and gave us a few free shots after too. Best meal we had in Paris in all honesty. Pricey enough but sure isn't everywhere in Paris. Well worth it.