“Feedback on InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau

InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau
Ranked #635 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Nokia
“Feedback on InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Very nice, cozy hotel but not too fancy. Very good service, nice rooms. The location is perfect !! In the heart of city center but very quiet at night to sleep.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Maria M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

While not as large as you might expect from an Intercontinental, this hotel is certainly of the same quality. The room was clean and modern, and the furnishings were terrific. The bed was probably the most comfortable among all the hotels we slept at during our trip. Hermes toiletries is a nice touch. My one gripe is the half-door for the shower. Not sure why European hotels insist on using these, since they inevitably lead to wet bathroom floors. Other than that, terrific hotel, in a convenient location.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dagongster
NY/Westport/Provence
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

If you read my reviews (and it seems many do..typos and all!), you will see that I am in France 6/7 times a year along with other destinations. I am a member of the Ambassador Club as I always prefer an Intercontinetal hotel to most. The amazing "Le Grand in Paris is among my favorites and I have stayed there for years, interacting with most of the staff, including M. Laure, the General Director. Imagine my surprise when I had finished my work in Provence and I was ready to meet my Partner in Paris to stay at 'Le Grand', comme habitude. Well....my partner has not realized that there was a new Intercontinetal and he has booked us into the ''Avenue Marceau' in error. Some errors and detours can introduce you to new places that you would never instigate on your own. My partner, not as savvy as myself, had booked via the internet and we were staying at this new Intercontinetal. To cut to the chase before I go into detail....'A superb 5* 'Intercontinetal Experience'. For those of you who are not as knowing of the arrondisements in Paris and the difference in price when you want to stay in the much coveted 8e arr which is the heart of Paris, why would you expect to be giving a room the size of what we expect in Chicago or Dallas. This is Paris. I live in NY and I can assure you that the price for a tiny standard room near Central Park and 5th Avenue would be the most expensive in town because of the location. The same hotel chain further to the East Side of Manhattan would either have a bigger standard room or a less expensive price. Location,location location. There. I just wanted to respond to some of the complaints about small rooms in the standard and superior category. The prices at this Hotel are not overly expensive for this area and if you want more room, book a chambre prestige for an extra 100 euros. THis is my biggest problem with reviews being able to be read on a site when you have no details of the reviewer themself. En tout cas, this hotel was perfect from the moment we entered and very different from 'Le Grand. More cutting edge luxury feel which is in harmony with this quartier of Paris.. The front desk staff were warm and friendly and...spoke French to me (I speak French) and switched on a dime to English for my partner. We had been upgraded from a Executive room (my room of choice at 'Le Grand') to the Executive Prestige without me having to say one word. We already were incredibly impressed with the very knowing and warm Concierge staff before going up to our room. The room was meticulous in design, luxury and clean to a button. Modern, clean lines to the design of the room which felt perfect. The bathroom, while not grand, was shiny bright and glistening (truly!) with every modern luxe appliance and design. We loved the Hermes hotel size toiletries. The bed was beyond comfortable (you won't want to rise yourself in the morning) and the room was bright and quiet.. looking out on a lovely courtyard. Yes...the room was not as big as 'Le Grand'...but that was just fine. This Hotel differentiates itself as standing on its wn two feet by having a more contemporary, stream-lined design and a wonderful location on top of all the other superlatives I have mentioned. We found the Breakfast staff and the breakfast itself to be wonderful...fresh breads, fresh OJ, fruits, yogurts, cheeses, meats and everything else you exepct to find at a Hotel Breakfast buffet.I checked out the Fitness room and although it was small, I was impressed that they had all the state of the Art machines including a deluxe elliptical (which I used). If I was to make one suggestion, it would be to have a club room. This modern, luxury hotel has a lovely feel and one would enjoy taking breakfast or cocktails in a nice lounge area overlooking one of the many vistas offered. Voila..I will be returning to Paris in May and will start my trip at 'Le Grand' and upon returning to Paris, I will be once again at the "Intercontinetal -Avenue Marceau'

Room Tip: Join Priority Club and the Ambasador club
4 Thank LeTerrible
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

This is a small luxury hotel in the best part of Paris. Looking outside our window, we to the right could see Arc de Triumph and to the left the Eiffel Tower. If you like the old pompous hotel, you should not stay here. This is a small, nice hotel with attention to details. I have never seen so many attentive staff at same time in a European hotel, that was ready to give you service whenever you need it.

Lovely and high quality of the guest rooms with Hermes bathroom amenities, nice fabrics and good features such as I-pod station and good selection of english TV-channels. Perfect with free internet and a well stocked minibar. Our room was on the higher floor and was bright and elegant in a modern, but classy, way.

Restaurant was nice and with a good atmosphere. It is located inside the hotel, so at a first sight you might guess it is an empty place for a few hotel guest, but it was actually full of frenchmen enjoying the high quality of food. We was a little bit picky in our need, but they solved it without a problem.

Breakfast was very high class, they serving you whatever you need and more. I think to be Paris it is generous to have this comprehensive small buffet. Even if I praise it, because it is a small jewel, on the same time it was maybe to small in some points. The corridors was narrow and you could easily get a poky feeling, but when you come to your room that disappear directly. Not a really hidden salon where you can sit by your self in the lobby area or the bar.

Comparing with other upscale premium hotel in Paris, I think you get a good value here if you enjoy the discretion and personality that comes with a small hotel.

Miramar Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

As the other reviews state the rooms are small but the rooms are very clean and modern, the beds are very comfortable. The smallest of the rooms didn't bother my wife and I so much as we were probably out of the room 80% of the time. The hotel is situated in a great location so the use of cabs were minimal. Also the Concierge service was outstanding and the rest of the staff were great. I would return again to stay at this hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles