“If you want to feel Paris - stay in Maizon Zen :)”
Review of Maison Zen

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Maison Zen
Ranked #59 of 194 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The Maizon Zen appartments are perfect place to stay in the capital of France. Why? because the place makes up the portrayal of this city. In the middle of one of the most populated metropolitan ares in Europe you find quiet, cozy and charming place prepared just for you. It seems almost incredible to be true. When you enter the garden of Maison Zen you find yourself in a different world. Leaving pretty busy and sometimes noisy and crowded Rue de Lyon you immediately feel like home. Studios are decorated very tastefully. No wonder, the owner - Madame Perl is great artist herself. Her works can be seen also in the guest rooms. Fully equipped studios make you start to think if you want to go out despite many very interested places you can find in Paris. Not only you can feel the great atmoshere of renovated house but also thanks to the location, you can take a 10 minutes walk to Place de La Bastille or any other direction - you are in the heart of this city. I stayed there couple of times and wouldn't look for a different place for any price !!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank agnes1611

Reviewed 7 September 2011

I was visiting Paris for a friend's birthday, and he found this place for me.

It is truly an oasis of tranquillity.

I stayed in Apartment 3, belonging to Madame Eanjo.

Her husband showed me round, and was very helpful in explaining to me buses, local restaurants, and so forth.

For me, the most important was that it was a Buddhist place. Therefore you assume that everything will be in order. And it was.

There is a beautiful meditation room, and there is a beautiful garden. I meditated several times in the garden, which lends itself to the most serene meditation. The trickling of water, the Buddha statue, and the plants, are just perfect.

I would have meditated in the meditation room, but since, physically, I can't stand any kind of heat, and it was late August, I preferred the garden.

The apartment had everything you need: fridge, toaster, cooking utensils, and the wardrobe was well stocked with hangers.

Some days, it was a wrench to go out. I could have stayed in the garden all day.

Om Mani Padme Hung

Room Tip: I'd go for rooms that Madame Eanjo manages
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank SomertonJer
Reviewed 18 June 2011

I don't usually write reviews but wanted to share my experience and recommend this hidden gem to a solo / a couple.
It was my first trip to Paris and this place is one of the reasons that I enjoyed my trip so much! I spent few nights here last summer and it could not have been a better experience.
The owners and neighbours were very friendly and helpful. It was extremely convenient for public transportation, less than 5 minutes walk from Gare de Lyon. The studio was very clean, attentively decorated and well furnished. There was free WIFI and air conditioner, too.
I really loved this studio and would definitely stay again :-)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank SPARK412
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Peaceful place. Wonderful friendly owners. Many amenities in the rooms. 5 - 10 minutes walk from Gare de Lyon. Its not a full service hotel, so don't expect a staffed desk 24x7, but the owners were always ready to provide help and answer questions, and you can call them from the room phone - they live in the building too. They also gave us many good restaurant recommendations. (If you love good french breads/pastry, walk to the near-by Ble Sucre!)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank aristo777
Reviewed 17 May 2011

This really is a gem, and I am so glad I stayed at Maison Zen. I will list the good things first, and there are many many, so jump to the end if you want to read just the two things I did not like.
First: The location! A few blocks from the Seine, a few blocks from the Marais, a few blocks from Gare de Lyon, from the Bastille, from Marché Aligre. A bus stop a few meters away, with direct service to the Eiffel Tower, Gare St Lazare and easy access to any other part of Paris.
The house sits on a quiet courtyard, has a lovely garden, in a safe neighborhood, with all the services one could possibly need on the same block or on the next block. A guide de Michelin-rated restaurant on the corner, a lovely canal side bistro one block away, with a rose garden complete with boule-players and picknick-ers.

Then: The apartments! I stayed in no 6, a smartly decked out room, with a good bathroom (even has a bathtub), kitchenette with fridge, micro, toaster, kettle, plenty of plates, cups, glasses and pans, as well as two hotplates, four seats at the bar-table, complimentary tea and they even supply salt and pepper for the one who prefers to cook at home. The TV has 200 something channels, in french, and there is free wifi and a lap top for rent, should you need one. And yes, there is a hairdryer in the bathroom.

Also: It is very clean, and very fresh, and very quiet. The bedlinen and bath towels smelled nice, and worked well. The finish was so fresh it looked like it had been decorated the day before I checked in, it is practial, neat and pretty.

The only two things I can find where I would suggest improvements are the beds and the lack of fire/smoke detectors. When you have kitchens there is always the risk of an accidental fire, and smoke detectors would have helped me sleep better. But then the bed was so narrow I kept falling out of it, so perhaps sleeping better had been bad :)
I did have the option of moving the beds together, the room had two beds, but I couldn´t be bothered. So it wasn´t such a big problem, and if these are my only complaints, you get an idea of how good the standard of this acommodation is!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and shaded.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo