US$161
US$143
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

US$182
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$215/night.

US$231
US$208
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$274/night.

Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)
US$164
  • Bar/Lounge
US$258
  • Fitness centre
US$161
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

US$246
US$170
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

Libertel Gare du Nord Suede(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$79
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$171
US$126
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

US$1,268
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I have been in Paris many times, however to stay at the Maison zen has made it a much more agreeable experience! It was an oasis, in the middle of such a big city, great location and energetically wonderful, with the practices just wonderful! I've met some great guests and had wonderful sharing!

Room Tip: I have found all of the rooms great!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ana K
Reviewed 12 March 2012

A night in early March 2012 in Maison Zen has left me a very good memory. My booking was made via internet with Mrs. Grazyna Perl in English.
The studio is No. 3 on the 1st floor, small, very cozy and colorful: grey and red, with a comfortable bed. The studio had a small kitchen, 1 kettle, 1 microwave and even a landline telephone. Everything was very well designed, only one regret was a problem with the internet connection. Finally, by login on te wifi network from another room, I got internet.

The building and patio are very quiet. It is difficult not to feel safe and in a peaceful environment. I was greeted by a very amiable Gentleman who provided me useful assistance due to the loss of my cellphone.

Remember to request the access code to avoid being locked out of the building.

Finally, a very quiet night. The Zen House is ideally located between Bastille and Gare de Lyon, has therefore recommend to anyone looking for an experience of calm and peace during their stay in Paris.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank SpicyCinderella
Reviewed 10 March 2012

It was my 2nd visits. My family and I stayed there 9 days. The place was wonderful and beautiful. No interruption. Absolutely safe area.
Very close to metro, bus, Bastile and Gare de Lyon.
No regrets.
Next time, I'll definitely go there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Great location near the Gare de Lyon and Bastille.
Spacious apartment with all you need.
Clean and well furnished; very quiet.
Nothing wrong, great good value for money!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank jacqvan
Reviewed 13 January 2012

This is my 3rd stay at Maison Zen, or, as my apartment is now known "My Open Paris" as it is managed by the lovely Eanjo. However, it will probably be my last stay. The place is absolutely lovely and has improved a lot in the last couple of years, as it has been completely renovated. And, there is lots of helpful information in the binder-book provided in each room. But there are drawbacks:

The noise really is an issue: 1)The place is courtyard-facing and every sound in the courtyard -- including 7am trash collection -- echoes loudly. 2) There was construction going on in the courtyard from morning til dark -- no chance to sleep late or take a mid-day rest. (Last year the construction was going on next to my studio in the common wall with what is now a supermarket!) The place is not really being advertised I think as a peaceful Zen Center so much as just a hotel now. But it has got to be the noisiest hotel ever! 3) There were several very noisy families with very young children yelling loudly every time they were in their apartments and especially at mealtimes and bedtimes. The shouting was continuous and echoed throughout the whole place. I already knew from previous stays the walls are like paper but this noise was coming from another floor! Perhaps there could be some kind of minimum age limit ? 10 and over? Or signs throughout the center asking folks to keep their voices down? 4) There was some sort of plumbing issue somewhere in the place as whenever a toilet flushed it sounded like a waterworks in my studio! Woke me up at night several times. Whatever that noise was is going to take a major project to repair it; I knew it would not be worth complaining about while I was there-- it's not like it was a leaky toilet. It actually sounded like the plumbing in the wall was exploding!

As I noted the studios have all been beautifully refurbished and unfortunately the price has risen as well -- too much for me to return. (These are small studios about 25 square meters or 250 square feet.) I found many apartments in Paris -- and already rented one -- that offer the same nice amenities as Maison Zen/My Open Paris, but for much less money -- at least 20 euros per night less. That adds up to quite a lot over a 1 or 2 week stay!

So: wonderful manager, lovely decor are the positives, but constant construction noise, screaming/shouting guests, ridiculously loud plumbing issue, and a high price for a small studio are the negatives.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends