“A small and isolated hotel in the center of Paris”
Review of Maison Zen

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Maison Zen
Ranked #58 of 185 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 20 May 2016

This is an apartment hotels with only few rooms. Each room has a fully equipped kitchen, with all you need to prepare meals. The hotel is very quite and private, and feels like you are not in the city while in room.
Each morning a basket with big breakfast will wait by the door, fresh and in good quality. The staff is very pleasant and helpful and the location of this hotel is perfect, just between Gare De Lyon and Place Bastille. Warmly recommended!

Room Tip: All rooms are alike, all quite big and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yehuda H

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

I kept meaning to write a review from our stay in October 2015, My boyfriend surprised me with a trip here for my 21st birthday and I cannot praise this place enough!! The service was exceptional from the owners and the amenities were absolutely spot on! Such a central location and extreme value for money!! We couldn't stop spreading the good word to all our family and friends once we got home!! Probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in and most like will remain that way! We cannot wait to return this year please don't hesitate to go here it's superb if I haven't already made that clear!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and I just left after our second stay at Maison Zen. It is so lovely and peaceful. We found it easy to get anywhere we wanted by walking or the Metro. Our hosts were very kind and helpful. We love the tasteful decor and the beautiful courtyard. I would recommend it to anyone. J'aime Paris!

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed 31 May 2015

This was my fourth visit to Maison Zen/My Open Paris. Each time it gets better. For example, breakfast is now offered, including a selection of delicious foods to start the day.

The things that don't change about staying here is the quiet and calm in the rooms and areas outside. The entire building is clean, quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. We stayed in Studio Mirabelle, and were very comfortable.

The other constant in the great experience is Eanjo. She ensures all pre-arrival details are handled via e-mail and does everything possible to make the stay a pleasant one.

The things that keep me coming back are...
- clean rooms and common areas
- quiet and calm common areas
- the meditation room
- kitchens in each room
- Eanjo's welcome and helpfulness
- fantastic location
- grocery store next door
- range of eateries within short walking distance
- easy Metro journey from Gare du Nord
- free wifi
- serious commitment to ongoing improvements to the building and guest experience
- good neighbourhood for exploring on foot

Room Tip: Each room is a little different so look at the details on the hotel website when choosing.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2015

My mother and I spent four nights here at this charming and peaceful gem. Perfectly tucked away and very safe, we were very comfortable here. We were welcomed by the owners and were giving much attention with the basics - how to use the TV, coffee machine etc. We were pleasantly surprised with a washing machine in the unit! The full kitchen is wonderful if you want to cook - full size fridge, stove, microwave. The garden area is very quiet and all the guests seem to respect this is a very peaceful place. The beds were amazingly comfortable, the water pressure in the shower was fantastic, the room was very clean and well-maintained. Close to Gare de Lyon for the bus, and also to the Bastille for the metro this was a great location! You could easily get to any of the sites but were out of the hustle and bustle. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend this to anyone that is looking for a peaceful retreat. Not for those that want to stay out late and drink wine while chatting outdoors, but for us it was just perfect. And the daily breakfast was the best food we had here by far.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo