“Horrible,don't go”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

I was walking in Saint Michel area in order to find a place to eat for not expensive but good one. The mister was inviting with special offer of 10€,which includes entrée,plat and dessert.As I thought entree and plat could be enough for a lunch,we have asked if it would be possible to replace dessert with coffee or tea,he said that it is possible. Then we agreed to enter,ready to order being very hungry. The person who served us was rude,he refused to consider tea instead of dessert(the price for one cup of tea is 4€),saying that it was not that him who offered. In that case I said that I am leaving,at this very moment the mister by whom we were invited said we should stay and asked to add just 2 euros plus 10€ of menu. I just took my jacket and was ready to leave.Then were asked to stay,saying we don't need to pay extra 2€. The next thing that I was not satisfied with the dishes,crêpe with cheese was so so,could be better; the portions of mussels was very small and half empty and tasteless,can say ate nothing. Had an impression that they just have heated the frozen mussels and brought. My friend took fish,the size of which was ridiculous,onion soup was just with bread inside and small particles of onion and cheese. She hasn't finished her dish,but the server just took the bowl without asking if she is done or not. No respect of customers. The most awful thing that my friend had a stomachache after that dishes. We regret that we chose that place,disappointed with everything,that was pitfall saying 10 euros menu. We should have gone to other place even if we could have paid more but for good food. My advise for tourists is to avoid that restaurant

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Possibly we were lucky, possibly to hungry and tired, but I really cannot find anything what I would describe as bad.

In this quatre of Paris one cannot expect more than touristic trap. Exhausted by pizzas and annoyed by kebabs, I wanted to have something really French. I have ordered "boeuf bourguignon" - pieces of beef with carrots and potatos - it was fresh and nice.

The crep with cheese was also acceptable, but I would prefer better cheese, seemscto me that the cheapest emental or what has been used.

Generaly, much better than any other fast food, not the bright star of gastronomy, but nice meal for acceptable price in the heart of Paris

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I like the ambience of the restaurant, with its charming interior and reasonably airy outside tables. And when I asked for a carafe of cold water, they brought me a bowl full of ice for the water. The wine and beer came reasonably quickly; but the service for the starters and mains was very slow. We didn't mind too much as we were not in a hurry; and there was plenty on the Rue de la Harpe to entertain us.
The food was inconsistent: my wife's quiche lorraine was quite tastelss, but my escargots were fine, as were my steak and fries. The fish of the day was very good. Desserts were standard. Reasonably good value for money (12 euro and 16 euro menus). Was an error in the bill, which was corrected in good humour. Perhaps they should spend more time on improving the service, and less on trying to lure people in. Most of the restaurants around here do this, so you cannot blame them, though.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

I broke my own rule to not eat someplace where someone is out front trying to entice you in. We both asked for the 3 course 10 euro menu for lunch but were told the 3 course was 12 euro. Since we only wanted a small lunch anyway we accepted that but all the other nearby restaurants explicitly offer 3 courses for 10. The food was edible but not particularly enjoyable. Pick another spot. Oh yes, service was slow.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We went here for our last night in Paris for a nice meal, the waiter seemed OK at the start but then sat us on this Hideous table and wouldn't let us sit where we wanted. Later we moved to another table only to see he had offered the seats we asked for to another couple. We ordered the 12€ meal which was terrible. The onion soup was burnt and bland with barely any onions. The mussels were tasteless and the bolognese didn't taste right at all. It had barely any meat sauce and tasted like a kebab with old Parmesan cheese that was sweaty and hard. The 'fresh' fruit salad seemed like it had been filled with water and sitting in the fridge for days.
Would not recommend.