“Disaster - left feeling cheated out of our money”
Review of Santorini

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed 21 September 2017

After visiting Paris before and having some cheap, but decent food from similar restaurants in the same area of the Latin Quater, we decided to try the 3-course menu at Santorini. The man outside the restaurant, seeing us walk up and down the street several times, offered us in with 2 free glasses of wine if we chose the 16 euro menu. Undecided which price menu we would go for (there are 3 options), we agreed and sat down. We were passed to a rude waiter and within seconds and with no welcome or real acknowledgement, 2 small glasses of cheap rose were unceremoniously placed in front off us in dirty glasses that were sticky to touch. We asked to see the 10 euro menu and we were told we could not and that the free wines were only given to the 16 euro menu choice, despite us not even having decided yet. Alarm bells starting ringing but once the first man (the one touting for business) hurried over to convince us "its very good" we almost felt obliged. We opted for mussels in white wine to start which were cold and tasteless and accompanied by stale bread (something we thought impossible to get in Paris). Our mains, beef steak with fries and herb lamb, were bland, tough and disappointing. We weren't holding out for dessert but we were shocked at being given the tiniest portion of 2 cheeses for a cheese "platter" and a slither of apple cake that was still frozen and tasteless. Overall we felt cheated out of 32 euro for a meal that would barely be served in a canteen and was sub-standard. Please avoid and spend your money elsewhere - the owners and staff do not deserve any of it and the sad part is they probably know it!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

My family ate dinner here during our stay in Paris. They had a kids menu which was the draw for us to try the restaurant. I assume from the name that it formerly was a Greek Restaurant, but they were serving traditionally French food. The kids set menuu was 8 Euros and the kids enjoyed their cheeseburgers (what are going to do?). My wife had the 10 Euro menu and enjoyed her onion soup and beef bourginon. My eldest daughter and I had the 16 euro menu. My daughter had the escargot and beef bourginon (she received a larger portion than my wife) andf loved them both. I tried my daughter's beef bourginon and thought it was very good. I had the mussels for my starter and the lamb for my main. My mussels were overcooked, and the lamb was good, but not as good as the beef. All the desserts were fine.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We went for the set dinner menu, and we're very pleasantly surprised, given the price. For 24 euros we had the most delicious slow roasted chicken, a bowl of mouth watering mussels, incredible onion soup, and deserts that were amazing. Only issue is that the trade off is very high priced wine, for Paris.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Over the course of a week in Paris we ate three times at Santorini and loved it.

The waiters were super friendly and very welcoming and appreciative of our return business. The restaurant has quite a kitschy atmosphere which was one of the things we loved about Santorini.

The menu has lots of options and the food was always delicious. Some of the dishes we tried were the Scallops Provencal, Duck in Orange Sauce, Calamari, Roasted Lamb Leg and Tiramisu.

Prices are reasonable and the servings sizes are quite generous. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 21 March 2017

I have been visiting this restaurant for 10 years and they have always looked after me well. The food is good and the wine good too