“Exquisite Dining”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bonne-Nouvelle
Reviewed 12 October 2021 via mobile

Haute French cuisine in a casual, warm and intimate venue. Amazing food and excellent service. Very accessible for English speakers.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,309)

Reviewed 3 October 2021

I’ve been trying to get a reservation for every visit to Paris since they opened. I finally made it. And it was well worth the wait. Eight tables in a very small room with small kitchen. Table was by a window with a view of kitchen. Got bottle of Macon Villages. My girlfriend has a limited diet and the restaurant did its best to make her happy. The menu commenced with an amuse bouche of smoked eel wrapped in lettuce, pate on a thin cracker with pomegranate, and cheese puffs. Then: tomatoes and nectarines in oil and vinegar "soup”; tomato on soft crackers with flowers; ravioli with white beans; piece of tender fish with mushrooms and crispy zucchini and roasted zucchini; slice of duck with figs and stuffed figs with pate. Then desserts: yogurt, cheese and fruit sort of parfait with a tuile on top, corn tart with corn meringue, and finally, little madeleines and tomato jellies. A very spectacular and wonderful dinner worth waiting for. Service was friendly, helpful, informative, and attentive. I hope I don’t have to wait so long for a return visit.

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 12 September 2021

We enjoy exploring various cuisines in the US and when we travel and frequently try prix fixe menus. This was a truly exemplary experience. The quaint atmophere, professional staff compliment what is truly a culinary delight. The combination of ingredients is unique. It was a highlight of our trip. We will definitely return.

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank X6203GOlaurak
Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

I dined at Franchie with my two teenage kids. This is their first experience eating a michilin star chef menu. We were blown away by exquisite taste and the friendly intimate atmosphere of small restaurant. I hope Chef Grégory Marchand would expand on his vegetarian main course options with plant based protein choices. Looking forward to visiting again.

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank thevis2017
Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

I read somewhere that the owner just wanted to make a very good neighborhood restaurant when he started. Frenchie is not that. It is a gastronomic restaurant with a no choice (at least our night) tasting menu. The food was excellent as was the service, and it’s a good value overall. I have been trying to get in since it opened and it took COVID to scare away enough tourists to make it possible.

Date of visit: June 2021