“Not bad for a short stay”

Hotel du Midi Gare de Lyon
Ranked #1,343 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We stayed one night because we flew in in the evening and needed to get on a morning train on the next day. The room was clean and the bathroom was good too, though there was no shower curtain for the bathtub so we needed to be extra careful or squat inside the tub when we took a shower. There doesn't seem to be any elevator in the hotel so if you'll need to carry your luggage up the stairs (we stayed in the top floor too). Breakfast can be purchased at check-in at 7 or 7.5EUR (can't remember) but if you don't absolutely need it, it's not recommended because there were only one croissant, one bread, and a tea/coffee. You can also pour some juice if you want. There was some cereal but they didn't provide any milk so I needed to go and asked them for it. The front desk staff was okay, we didn't expect too much because we arrived at night and left shortly after 6am so he must be quite tired too.

The location is very good, though. It's very near to Gare de Lyon. There are restaurants around.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cutepandainhk
There are newer reviews for Hotel du Midi Gare de Lyon

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Having read some of the more recent Trip Advisor reviews of this hotel, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I had chosen it because of its proximity to the Gare De Lyon and the TGV we were booked to catch the next morning. We booked two rooms - two adults and two teenagers. The rooms were clean and spacious (1st and 2nd floor) and while there wasn't a lift the stairs were not particularly steep. Breakfast was good - fresh bread, croissants, juice, cereals and hot drinks and started at 6:30, even on a Sunday as an aid to rail travellers. Reception was pleasant and helpful and good English was spoken (even though I like to practice my dodgy French). The district around the hotel was good and non-threatening. Wifi was free and worked well in our rooms. The Italian restaurant next door to the hotel was also very good. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stayed in 12 and 24, both were spacious rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stayed for 1 night, which was 1 to many, I was on the 3rd floor in the attic and I think the name of the hotel is quite apt, as you would have been ok if you were a midget ! I could sit on the toilet with my head out of velux window in the roof and had to keep ducking down to stop my head hitting the roof, no air con, room smelt like it had been used as a toilet and it was the hottest day in Paris so far this year, had to shower 3 times, which leaked all over and I was like trying to take a shower in a condom.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ALPATO
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Front desk was helpful upon arrival although our room was not ready we didn't have to wait long. Clean. Bathtub only with shower head, but no shower curtain. Some mold on bathroom ceiling, and wood on windows are crumbling from rot. No a/c so can't imagine being here in the summer. Not bad, but expensive for what is offered.

Room Tip: No elevator. Stairs are narrow and winding.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2011

My first reaction when entering the room was to open the window as it was stinking.
I was on the 3rd floor (without elevator) as the large majority of the rooms.
The paint on the ceiling of the restroom was falling by part (see pictures), the carpet of the room not very clean...
However with the window open (I was on the back of the hotel), the nignt was very good (due to a good mattress and the breakfast correct.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business