“Simply the best! , gorgeous Hotel, Sensational Staff and service!!! -”

Hotel Plaza Athenee
Ranked #35 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 5 September 2017

After staying at two of their sister hotels in LA, The Beverly hills hotel and the Bel air hotel, we were given the opportunity to stay at this hotel over the course of my birthday weekend.
From the minute I arrived to the moment i left i felt like royalty. Every member of staff knew my name, what room i was in and the fact it was my birthday. Each member of staff made sure that at all times i was happy and enjoying my trip.
upon arrival we checked in and was greeted directly by the hotel manager who showed us to our upgraded room, 512. (if within budget, request the same)
The suite was very large and impeccably decorated with two balconies overlooking the Effie tower to the right. It was perfect!
The hotel and the staff surpassed all my expectations while i stayed here over the weekend for my birthday. If you can please stay here! Thank you to everyone that made our trip so special,

Room Tip: If it within budget, request room 512 - its absolutely stunning!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank John W
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Guest,

I am so glad to read your such kind words about your Parisian experience at the Plaza Athénée.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your birthday with us and hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in a near future.

François Delahaye

Reviewed 1 September 2017

The Plaza Athénée's fantastic location, sensational service, and luxurious accommodations make it an exceptional place to stay. The Plaza Athene surpassed even it's own iconic reputation from the moment of our arrival and throughout our stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Roger,

What can I say, simply Thank you so much !

We all looking forward to welcoming you once again to your Parisian home.

Best regards,

François Delahaye

Reviewed 30 August 2017

I'm picky with hotels and I don't give out five stars easily. Plaza Athenee earned it without any doubt.

In looking for a hotel in Paris I narrowed down my choices to the Plaza Athenee, Le Meurice (PA's sister hotel, also part of the Dorchester Collection), or the Four Seasons. At first I had planned to book the Four Seasons, but after looking through the photos on TripAdvisor I did not like their rather dated decore. After visiting the different hotels during my trip I am absolutely thrilled I picked PA.

PA is a much smaller hotel than the Four Seasons. They are located pretty close to one another, but PA feels far more intimate. The lobby at FS was always filled with people when I was there, but PA was more sparsely populated, meaning there was never any waiting in lines. The staff was solely focused on us, which was so nice.

When we first arrived we were upgraded from the junior suite we had booked to a "prestige junior suite." We were shown to our room, and while it was nice, it reeked of cigarette smoke. This turned me off due to my asthma, and I mentioned it to the receptionist who showed us to our room. She said housekeeping would come to spray some air freshener. Before I had time to even talk to my husband about my dismay, the phone rang. It was the front desk manager, apologizing many times for the cigarette smoke (it was a non-smoking room but apparently the previous guests smoked anyway) and said she'd immediately have us moved to a one bedroom suite with no smoke. Talk about fantastic service recovery! This issue could have really turned me off to the hotel; I was spending a lot of money to stay there and I would have been upset about remaining in a cloud of second hand smoke. Instead, we were shown to a wonderful suite without any problems whatsoever.

The decore at PA, like at other Dorchester properties I've stayed in, was classy and traditional without being dowdy. The quality of the furnishings and carpeting in the room was far about the average found in most five star hotels. We were staying at the PA for about 10 days, so we really had the opportunity to enjoy the hotel and the room. It was amazingly quiet even though we overlooked Avenue Montaigne. We never heard a peep of noise -- not even from other guests in the hallway.

Service was exceptional. Everyone in the hotel went out of their way to be extra friendly and helpful. All members of staff greeted us when passing by, but more importantly they genuinely seemed friendly. Although the two main restaurants were closed while we were there for summer holidays, we enjoyed the delicious and high quality breakfast everyday as well as tea service.

After staying at top class hotels all over the hotel, I can honestly say that the PA is one of the finest I've had the pleasure of coming across. Again, I tend to be quick to find fault with hotels, but PA was exceptional in every way. We will absolutely be back soon!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the suites. Go for the full one bedroom suites rather than a junior suite; the e...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ItsOnlyMe5

Thank you very much for staying with us at le Plaza Athénée as well as for these kind words posted on Trip Advisor.
We are all delighted to learn that your stay was beyond your expectations and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.
Kind regards,
François Delahaye-

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We had a magical stay at Plaza Athénée. We had reserved a Deluxe Guest room with view of Eiffel tower and we loved it. We enjoyed dining at Alaine Ducasse, Le Galerie, and La Terrasse Montaigne, and we enjoyed drinks at Le Bar. Dior spa at Plaza Athénée is a must try. We loved every detail about this hotel. On our 3rd night of stay, the air conditioning in our room broke and we were disappointed since we had to sleep with the window half open and a room full of bugs. The next morning though our room was upgraded to a Prestige Suite which truly made our stay memorable. We were very satisfied with guest services, in room dining, management, etc. and we will definitely go back soon.

Room Tip: Great view of Eiffel Tower
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lila S
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Dear Madam,
I sincerely thank you for the kind words you took the time to post on Trip Advisor following your stay at le Plaza Athénée.
I am delighted to learn that your stay with us met your expectations and hope to welcome you again very soon.
François Delahaye- General Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best in the world. From location, to amenities, to service it is beat. The rooms are luxurious, but that is the easy part for high end hotels. What makes this place truly unique is everyone that works there. Somehow, every single person is genuinely interested in caring for you as if you were family.

I love this place, but I love the people even more!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DERRICK A
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Sir,
On behlaf of the whole team, I thank you very much for these wonderful words of praise. We are delighted to learn that we have made your stay beyond your expectations and hope to welcome you again very soon.
Warm regards,