“Great location, fabulous service”

Hotel Plaza Athenee
Ranked #34 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 1 November 2017

One of the few high end hotels in Paris that I have not stayed in so decided
that this time around I would try it. The place deserves its reputation. The
hotel is beautiful as are the rooms which are well appointed and quite
comfortable. The service is beyond description with many of the staff remembering
your name as they greet you. Location is very good. I admit that the
hotel is wildly expensive but if you can afford it, it's worth the splurge.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments shared on TripAdvisor.

I had the pleasure to share your feedback with our team.

Kindly be assured that we all, look forward to welcome you back to the Plaza Athénée in a near future.

François Delahaye,
CEO - Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 28 October 2017

My wife and I returned to Paris after many years, along with two very special friends for a holiday in Paris. After much research. we settled on Hotel Plaza Athenee. (Part of the Dorchester Hotel Collection) The choice, for us, was somewhat out of the box. While we are admittedly hotel snobs, we generally choose a hotel with a modern vibe, not the easiest place to find in Paris, especially when yo have come to expect impeccable service. The Hotel Plaza Athenee delivers on every end. Don't be fooled, this highly ornate hotel exudes rock and roll.... if not just behind the marble floors and plaster moldings. When we arrived at the beautiful entrance, with its signature facade of red awnings and window flower boxes, we were immediately welcomed by the warm and knowledgeable staff. Immediately thereafter, we were personally introduced to the hotel's operations manager, who gave us her business card so that any need, or any issue could be personally attended to, if necessary. The lobby, while classic in style, showed its edge with red velvet settees and a display of modern sculpture of The Beatles, in classic Abby Road Stride. In the center of the hotel, there was a courtyard with more modern art displayed in glass casings, to protect from the elements, Down the hallway, was one of the hippest bars I have ever experienced, filled with beautiful people, sipping libations in a wood paneled room with a royal blue, geometric-three dimensional ceiling. Amazing to see. Need more? The main dining room, where breakfast is served daily, while strewn with crystal chandeliers, has chic silver banquettes, and mod comfortable seating, a feast for the senses. The food fab, with wonderful fresh pastries for breakfast, and seemingly every dietary request easily fulfilled. Though the drinks at the bar, were crazy expensive, the scene was an experience that should not be missed. Our room, a junior suite, was spacious, and furnished in a typically french style but again, counter balanced with a thoroughly modern marble bathroom, with a soaking tub, separate shower, dual sink vanity and great lighting, which my wife has assured me is not always the case even in the finest hotels. Chic does come at a price, but if you have decided to stay here, or at another hotel of its caliber, and have bothered to do your research, you know this level of glam is in line with other hotels that merely attempt to perform as well as Hotel Plaza Athenee did for us.

Though you may have missed Paris fashion week this year, as we did, no worries, a quick or extended stay at this runway ready hotel, should more than satiate your appetite for all things couture. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Please allow me to answer to these wonderful words of praise!
We are all delighted to leant that your stay with us met your expectations and are all looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon to le Plaza Athénée.
In the meantime, we all remain at your entire disposal.
Warm regards,
François Delahaye- General Manager

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We attended the Plaza Athenee in October 2017.

I visited with my girlfriend, her mother and step father. The service was first class and the staff extremely attentive. The food was exceptional and the level of detail overall was phenomenal.

I had previously organised for the staff to take us up to a suite where I could propose to the lady and they handled this in the highest regard. I could not have asked for a better experience.

I highly recommend a visit to the Plaza for dinner or a special event. The suite they showed us was also exceptional.

Thank you so much for such a memorable experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for having chosen le Plaza Athénée for such important event in your life and please accept all our congratulations.
We all hope to have the chance to be on your side for another big step in your life and remain at your entire disposal in order to organize it.
Warm regards,
François Delahaye- General Manager

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

We dined at the restaurant as my now son in law wanted somewhere special to propose to my daughter. We were coming for a conference and he surprised my daughter with the trip.
The concierge arranged for us to view a suite, which is just stunning, and as she was on the balcony looking at the Eiffel Tower she turned back to him on one knee and proposed. It was a very memorable moment and could not have been made possible without the amazing staff of both restaurant and hotel.
I can’t thank them all enough. They also had to cook a special meal for them both as the menu had just changed and was all seafood which they don’t eat. They made 2 special meals for them.
Thank you. Plaza Athenee will always hold a very special place in our hearts.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your son's experience at the Plaza Athénée.

I was so glad to hear that this lovely moment was memorable and I had the pleasure to share your kind words to our team.

Kindly be assured that we all, look forward to welcome you all to the Plaza Athénée in a near future.

François Delahaye
CEO of the Dorchester Collection Hotels

Reviewed 24 October 2017

From the time we entered to the time we left this hotel oozes total class & quality.
We were here for my wife birthday which was a surprise in itself and the hotel took care of everything as requested.
Very surprised to read a not so great review about the staff. We found the staff excellent in every way & a special mention Damien & Florent in the Alain Ducasse restaurant whose service was brilliant.
The hotel itself is very grand & very conveniently located to most major Paris attractions which are short walk away. The street the hotel is on has designer houses shops everywhere.
I would like to thank the management & the staff for making our stay so memorable which we will cherish forever & hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Courtyard facing rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

So glad to hear your kind words !

All the team thanks you for choosing the Plaza Athénée during your recent visit, for your wife's birthday.

I was very proud to share your comments to our team and we all look forward to welcome you back in a near future.

François Delahaye,