“Skip the line tickets????”

The Catacombs of Paris
Book In Advance
More Info
US$98.22*
and up
Skip-the-Line Admission Tickets to the Eiffel...
Ranked #157 of 1,326 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: A genuine labyrinth in the heart of underground Paris, the Catacombs were fitted out in the galleries of former quarries. Twenty metres underground, the ossuary houses the remains of approximately six million Parisians, gradually transferred between the end of the 18th century and the mid 19th century, as the capital's cemeteries were closed for health reasons. Along a tangle of dark galleries, visitors discover a presentation of death with bones arranged in a romantic macabre decor. This unique site is a moving testimony to the history of Parisians and invites visitors on a timeless journey.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a very negative experience buying headout skip-the-like tickets. We had to pick up the tickets from a shop and afterwards go to the sight.
We had to stand in line for 2 hours, even though we bought the tickets for a specific time slot beforehand. It seemed like there was no logistics what so ever.
Cannot recommend this place at all

2  Thank Anne Linnet S
Write a ReviewReviews (6,427)
All reviews
in 60 reviews
"metro station"
in 45 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was looking forward to seeing this. Got "Skip the line" tickets via Headout on 3rd March with a reservation at 11:00 am for 1st April. Got at 10:30 at the attraction and the "skip the line" line was definitely smaller than the other one but it was barely moving. We were very close to the entrance but after an hour were about the same place. The non "skip the line" line seemed to move faster actually. We figured we had at least another hour to wait and since we wanted to catch our train home we had to go. Still have the tickets. Never got to use them. Hope Headout can give me a refund since they seemed generally nice

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I can’t put this experience in to words to do it justice.

The complete stillness and quiet of the tunnels combined with rows upon rows of skulls and bones, arranged with such care and precision is absolutely amazing.

Arranged to allow groups of certain amounts, the tours allow you to walk through without a pressured or rushed feeling, to really take in everything you see, combined with the earphones confirming each stage of the experience it really is absolutely incredible.

Strongly recommend.

1  Thank Sooooty
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stood in queue for 3 hours 12 minutes.To my suprise, people who had pre booked didn't walk straight in either. They only let a certain amount in at atime.i was really looking forward to this, however waste of 13 euros and the staff very infriendly, my child was scolded by a staff member for attempting to touch a skeleton!! that upset me and ruined the visit.There is nothing to see, makes you feel a bit sick and smells awful too.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have travel to Paris many times before, and stayed at a hotel very close to the catacombs in Paris. So, when I was returning on vacation with family, I decided that it was absolutely time to make a trip to see them. I had heard that the lineups can be quite long, and many people pay for the skip the line tickets. However, our hotel did not have any more available and I had heard that they are changing their scheme for admission. On the day we went, the catacombs opened at 10 AM in the morning. I had no advanced tickets, so I went for 9 AM and I was first in line. This turned out to be a good idea, because the catacombs were very interesting but I would not be happy about waiting hours in line to see them.