“Great budget hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great budget hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Stayed at the Ibis while visiting with a group. For the price that our group pays to stay at hotels, it was a step up from what we were used to. The property amenities such as two restaurants, a bar, and a fitness center/swimming pool. There was an average breakfast in the morning.

My single room was pretty small and smelled like smoke, but was still quite modern and well maintained.

The staff was very hit or miss. The first time I was at the front desk, there was a fantastically helpful employee, Mikaela, who helped us recharge our SFR cell phones. During checkout however, there was an incredibly rude employee who basically screamed at members of our group from the front desk.

Overall, I would stay here again, but would recommend that the employees cut the attitude. I would not recommend this hotel for those who want quick access to the center.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 4 days (in November 2011) during my business trip. As usual they maintained the average standard of Ibis hotels. But specially for this hotel location is little bit far from the main street, one has to walk 200meter through narrow pathway to reach the reception of the hotel. Staff is well trained and efficient. Both the restaurant serve breakfast and there is hardly any change in breakfast menu during my stay. Overall Ok for budget travel or business travel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

I do not recommend this hotel because of very unfriendly attitude of the staff.
I have reserved 5 nights one month in advance making sure that the hotel offers a swimming pool and internet access. When I arrived it turned out that the swimming pool is closed for maintenance. Moreover, they did not care about the fact that I agreed to pay the price for the services they listed. They did not offer another hotel with the swimming pool, neither any discount. They insisted that there is announcement on the web, but in fact it was not when I booked the room.

I arrived late evening and I was tired enough to stay there anyway. Then I have learned that the internet does not work since four days! They said they do not know when it will be repaired because it is Orange responsibility, not their. Again, my argument that I pay to the hotel and not to Orange was ignored. No alternative offer, nothing like "we are sorry". That was too much. I decided to look for another hotel tomorrow, and to stay one night here because it was late and I was not sure if I can find another hotel.

Now comes the best. They said that I can stay one night, but I have to pay for five!
After rather heavy "discussion" they offered to return me all the money if I go away.
I accepted that offer and went to search another hotel. After two hours I have found one. One star only, but not so bad anyway. At least the internet was available and the staff was much more friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GJW37

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

AUS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

You find typical Ibis Standard in this hotel . Lots of rooms, lots of coach tourists .
Rooms are very small ,but clean . There was unfriendly staff member in the breakfast room , but super friendly receptionist , who helped to get some tickets for Disneyland and to change our room to a room with view of Eiffel Tower.
Metro station is not too far away from the hotel .
There are lots of shops and restaurants in front of the hotel .

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple