US$198
  • Fitness centre
US$222
US$194
  • Room Service
Citadines Place d'Italie Paris(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$113
  • Restaurant
US$215
US$196
1,376 results
All reviewsphilippe starckgallery suitearc de triomphela cuisineclarins spail carpaccioconcierge serviceindoor poolmacaroonsstunning hotelwalk in closetmodern designjunior suitefour seasonsbreakfast buffet isbeautiful roomthe ritz
Reviewed 12 September 2011

For anyone who has seen it all, is fed up with fake Louis XVI style interiors, has had it with luxury without fashion, go no further: this is your hotel. Completely redone by Philippe Starck, this is an absolute gem blending style with fashion and luxury. The hotel itself is stunning in style but also extremely efficiently built.The rooms are even better. Even the lay-out is different, with the bed in the middle. (Bed)lamps, chairs, the walls, everything fits and is special. the bathroom is even more unique with lot's of specially crafted and styled mirrors and great lighting. Service is also excellent, as is the location of the hotel, within 5 min walk from the Arc de Triomphe. The hotel has an great spa, a brand new and fairly large gym, with very helpful staff and even a beautiful swimming pool (very rare in Paris). There is only one problem for some: if you are not happy with your looks, dont go here, there are mirriors everywhere (the elevator is one big mirror), so there is no way to avoid yourself. Kidding aside, this is one of the most stunning interiors I have seen. Not for everyone, possibly, but again, if you have travelled a lot, are in for a change, and are in Paris, you should try this one out. You will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I can say that Royal Monceau was the best design hotel that I have been to.. The rooms, the lobby, restaurant area are truly amazing. The service, especially the concierge service was immaculate. I recommend this brand new hotel to all who seek for design, luxury and stlyle in Paris

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Polina28
royalmonceau, Michel Gillot, deputy general manager at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Thank you very much for taking some time to share your opinion on Le Royal Monceau - Raffles Paris.

We are pleased to read that your trip to Paris was delightful, and that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We also hope that you had time to experiment the services offered by out Art Concierges. We look forward to welcoming you again at Le Royal Monceau - Raffles Paris.

Michel Gillot, deputy general manager

Reviewed 11 July 2011

An excellent pairing of new meets tradtional Paris. Welcome at entry is inviting, polished and professional complete with the doormen who both look and act the part as professional welcomers/helpers with heart. Kudos to the team at the front - (and those that hired and trained them).
Our welcome by the front reception was again polished and efficient. Every time we came down, we were greeted with a smile and a genuine good attitude.
Breakfast in the restaurant was always lovely though we often ordered croissants (requested them to be warm) with our morning coffees to our room. They arrived warm and were so good. One day they were very late and when finally delivered, they apologized and said it was on the house. I didn't even say anything and they were proactive to assuage the situation. Kudos again to them!
Again, the staff (sorry i forgot all the names...the young man who checked us in whose name begins with a G, and the lovely young woman who must be part Japanese and French were a few of the folks who stood out but all were good...and the kind doorman with the long eyelashes).
Re: service: I had forgotten my hair curling iron and was told they could bring me one. This did not happen and i was encouraged to visit Sephora for one...they don't carry them. My mistake for not bringing it but it is always a plus when high end hotels carry some extras. They did manage to find a great hair stylist to come to my room, Samira - she was lovely (pricey).
Concierge was fine. I asked for a print out of some specific restaurants one morning hoping it woudl be in my room that evening...but no luck. That said, they may have expected me to pop down again for the information but we were just too busy.
Okay the hotel...let's start with the bedrooms. We had a great room towards the end on the 4th or 5th floor - possibly 511. Nice layout. Enjoyed the big mirrors and tv's hidden in the mirrors in front of the bed and behind it too. The murano like lights in the room were fun as were the desks with the maps of Paris marked up as if by a friend inviting you to explore the city were great. The bathroom was all mirror...wow. At first a bit overwhelming, but clean, crisp and fun. I had to use one of the sinks to lay out my make up as not enought room to spread out one's toiletries. Yet, with a washcloth laid out on one of the two flat sinks, it worked well. Bring your own lotion as Stark does not believe in lotion at hotel. , i was told. The hotel did provide me some upon request, but it was i think from the spa or a local store. That said, the bath oils and packaging of their toiletries were lovely.
The only odd thing in the room was the picture of fruit, but i suppose that is a matter of taste.

Overall, the hotel is modern yet you still very much felt you were in Paris!

As many of you know, when designers go modern they sometimes seem to want you to forget where you are, but not Stark on this project - good job on this! (and i am not a huge Stark fan so this compliment comes from my experience at the hotel not from getting caught up in his reputation).
The hotel lobby bar area is quite convenient - you can have good conversations (not too noisy and feels private enough) and yet still enjoy some good people watching. The choice of putting the books up high is interesting. The people at the hotel when we were there appeared to include a crown prince from Asia, ministers from the Gulf, and other interesting whose who...of a whose who who were not too flashy...just interesting and chic.
It was a real treat to enjoy the newly unveiled Le Royal Monceau - Raffles and Stark got it right!
Oh and did i mention the beds and bedding....ahhh divine. Loved the mattresses, bedding, pillows, slippers and robes, and the views to the courtyard below and greens on the terraces above...and the windows opened out onto this lovely area...so fresh air could be let in without any noise issues. Yes, the beds just made me want to dive into them - making the Parisian night special all the way through til morning. Merci!

And the location is just fine...close enough to walk up the Arc de Triumph and down the famous boulevard.

And if you want some restaurant ideas....oh i have many...including just go to St Germaine and wander...find an older restaurant with lots of people inside and enjoy. There are so many great culinary experiences including the new Akrame, opened about 3 months ago. low key place but chfe is talk of town...ex gagnaire/el bulli but very much his own style. Also you might like Spring restaurant.

Room Tip: let them know what you like.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2011

To make a short story short, at four In the morning I called the reception cause the AC wasn’t working, they sent the technician who couldn’t do anything. Instead of offering me another room immediately, they offered to send me a fan! When I got upset they asked me to move my stuff to another room AT 4 AM! When I got very upset they finally sent me to another room to have my sleep. They were all apologetic next morning, but forgot to send me an official apology like any other well established establishment would do!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
13  Thank aliabdulla77
royalmonceau, Director of sales & marketing at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking your time to share your opinion. We are always pleased to hear from our guests whether their comments are positive or negative.

During your stay, weather in Paris was really hot and sultry. Unfortunately, following a technical issue, the A/C went down in the whole building.
It was extremely unexpected for all of us, and everything has been made to fix it as soon as possible.
Please rest assured we are carefully looking into each and every point to ensure that this doesn’t happen again.

I do hope that you will choose Le Royal Monceau - Raffles Paris on your next visit, as well. Please do contact me directly and I will personally oversee your stay.
Jean-Marie Le Gall Director of sales & maketing

Reviewed 24 June 2011

report on the royal monceau, paris
booked on my way to paris an executive room (highest room level)
nice quick and easy booking on the phone.
said i was arriving at 12 (ie 3h later). arrived at 12 h30, nice reception contact, but room only available at 2 pm (ok it's typical for hotels of that standing)
reception showed me the bar but left me there on my own to find a seat. the usual way of proceeding is to bring to a table, call a waiter and offer a coffee so the guest is taken care of by bar staff and not left stranded.
after watching half a dozen guys moving around pretending to be busy  i managed to grab somebody asking for an espresso macchiato (stressing macchiato).
15min later he brought me a very beautiful cup of espresso. seems the macchiato got left out of the equation. by the way there must have been 15 patrons at the time (seating capacity is around 60)
i don't correct this as i don't want to have to wait another 15min.
crowd is the usual blend of high net worth individuals, small business meetings, corsican mafia, etc...
bar is pretty soulless, bits and pieces of art (books, photos, small objects,...)
no bar per se (ie where you can chat with a barman) as all preparation is done behind a wall of bottles and glasses. cute but they have to get a ladder to reach the good spirits. pretty comical.
had to rush to an appointment and as i asked to put my ipad back into my bag as they were keeping it they brought me to the bagage room at the back to do so.
i don't mind as it's quicker but standing means you don't show the ropes. somebody should have brought it back to me and taken care of that.
went back to the hotel around 5 h30
brought me to my room. on the first floor (not great but they had told me they were pretty full with the le bourget air show), right next to the fitness center (that full?)
introduced to the usual systems blabla.
first impression. it's colorful, there's design furniture but it's crammed. toilet is near the entrance. they stuck the bed with the mini sofa and basicaly there's minimal space to navigate around the bed. miniscule bedside tables (i mean the phone was hiding the light switches).
bag is on its stool but space for clothes is minimal (only half dozen hangers and space only for that many)
i know i said i was staying alone but that is really bad. big mirrors on both walls with integrated tvs (i do not watch tv so no real use unfortunately).
bathroom is very large with mirrors all over the place, fancy bathtub. design appliances. they forgot about the fact design appliances are not functional.
the unit where the towels are out of the shower is actually a radiator (yes that means you burn your hands the first time you grab it getting out of the shower)
and i couldn't find the switch for the drain in the sink (and i really looked as i'm an engineer and couldn't figure out where the designer would hide it). its always nice to find that out after you brush your teeth.
shower is great but shower gel and shampoo are really bland. cubic push down  bottles of unmarked bland product.
i came back at 12h30 and went to the bar to grab a nightcap. same waiters too fast paced to check on patrons, took 10min for somebody to show up, another 10 to ask for my drink and more than 15 to make a whisky sour. nice drink but there were few patrons so it shouldn't take that long.
( i was texting my wife so i had an exact timing)
to give an example an american staying with his wife arrived at the bar at 1h10 and was told the bar was closing at 1h30. they brought them menus at 1h20, took the order at 1h30. the guy asked for a nice single malt whisky. nobody in the staff had any clue. they showed him in the end the most expensive ("very nice single malt, a bit oakey" was the commentary they gave). i left at 1h50 and don't remember seeing a glass in his hand.
and by the way the first time i went out pack in hand for a smoke the staff intercepted me and asked me if i was leaving (as in you forgot your bill). not very heartening.
i went the next morning for breakfast with a friend who works nearby (i had booked a table the night before but not many people where there at 9h30.
was very nicely welcomed and brought to a table, offered a glass of a fresh pressed juice of our choice and some very nice coffee.
then we ordered continental breakfast with some boiled eggs on the side.
eggs arrived first, perfectely cooked and presented they were delicious.
but then again people were "busy" wisking around and after some time we managed to grab somebody to get us the bread and fruit salad (and again it took a while). his french was pretty limited. he asked us if we wanted more coffee and he had such a hard time understanding "cafe au lait" that we ended up asking for "the SAME please". i hate raising my voice but the guys were really useless. my friend was also really annoyed (and we are very laid back people so it takes a lot to get us to that level of annoyance)
i returned to my room at 11 to find out that somebody had come and took the dirty towels and half the bed sheets and duvet cover.
i was booked for one night only they have a log of this kind of stuff and they should know not to clean before check out.
also i've never encountered a room half done before. either people are in there cleaning it or they are not doing it.
i decided to leave right there as it felt of being told to go.
in the end it was a pretty bad experience, completely sub standard, and also it's a very soulless hotel which made the experience a complete flop (i'm a contemporary art collector and was expecting a lot as it's the signature of the hotel).
i have stayed in most 5 star hotels in paris and i know what one should expect for that level of price.

• Stayed: June 2011
42  Thank tbretagn
royalmonceau, L'équipe at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

Dear Mr.

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking your time to share your opinion. We are always happy to hear from our guests whether their comments are positive or negative.

We are pleased to read that you have had high expectations of le Royal Monceau - Raffles Paris and totally understand your disappointment after your stay.

We realized that we may have, in a way, deceived you and would like to ensure you that your valuable feedback will strongly contribute in improving our service.
Please, be sure that we will do our best to make your next stay with us most enjoyable.

Regards,