“Don't take things for granted because it is a Novotel!”

Novotel Paris 14 Porte d'Orleans
Ranked #515 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We picked this hotel as it was an international brand and could give a standardized service unlike other boutique hotels in paris. The first impression we got was that it was an extremely ugly building not representing anything parisian. Anyway it was not all that important and we nevertheless expected a decent accueil. The first thing the guy at the reception told us was that I only had a reservation for myself and my kids were not on the list. I did not like it but as I had the reservation via booking I did not care too much. And soon he found out that we all were on the list!. I was nevertheless surprised how rude he was and he did not even apologize for he made me feel like a liar. The other reception staff were much better hopefully (especially the blond lady at the check out) .
As for the rooms, the executive room was really large and comfy.Even the sofa bed was very comfy. We had a view of the Eiffel tower as well but unfortunately it was not possible to open the windows (I was told that it was "forbidden" to open the windows!) So it was not possible to get some fresh air into the room which was very annoying (especially if you have allergies). The air conditioning (as heater) was not working properly either as it did not blow any warm air. I contacted the reception and some nice gentleman brought us an electrical heater which did not work properly either. But we did not make it a problem as it was very warm outside.
The breakfast was also nice if we were able to eat but we could not beacuse of the lady that was in charge of the breakfast. For some reasons she was very rude and unhelpful and instead of accomodating people she rather behaved like a police officer trying to check and control everything in an obsessive manner. So she made us change tables for no meaningful reasons and scorned my 5 year old kid as he touched a piece of sweet on the buffet. Although I accepted to change the table and apologized for my little son that lady continued to stare at us in an annoying manner and finally I ended up arguing with her. Unbelievably instead of trying to calm me down she went on arguing with me with a loud voice disrespectful of me and all the other customers around. I think it is really unacceptable and unbelievable especially for a "professional" brand like Novotel. I, myself, have been in hotel business in the past and even worked at the novotel chains when I was a student (at novotel turquoise side antalya). I know very well that it is not the right way for handling customer relations!. We were so annoyed that although we had already paid for the breakfast (with the room) we did not go there again as I did not want to see this lady's face once again.
Averall although the room was comfy (and this is the only reason why I am giving 3 points to this hotel) I will probably never visit this place (and most probably other novotel chains) again.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are nice but you cannot open the windows
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Irmak44
Stéphane T, General Manager at Novotel Paris 14 Porte d'Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Dear guest,

We thank you for taking the time to leave a comment following your experience at the Novotel Paris 14 Porte d’Orléans. We are truly sorry to see that your stay didn’t meet your expectations. We are not used to receive such comments on our welcoming staff, so we can assure that your problem was uncommon, and we would like to apologize for this ; we try to make the stay of our guests the best possible !

Nevertheless, it is a pleasure to see that you liked our new Executive rooms, with a view on the Eiffel Tower. Unfortunately, it is not possible to open the windows for noise (2 double windows) and security reasons. We are sorry if the heating wasn’t efficient, we advise our technician to control the added eating which is in the Executive room.

Best regards,

S.TISON – Site Manager

Reviewed 24 March 2017

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank ceeceee2016

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We usually stay at this hotel when visiting Paris because of the location - out of the central hubbub and close to transport and good restaurants. Plus the tariffs are usually attractive. The hotel is undergoing renovation and we stayed in one of the refurbished rooms. Very attractively designed - but perhaps not well executed - the standard of workmanship (tiling, decoration, painting) left a lot to desire. But none of that impacted on our stay. Highly recommend this hotel - and we will be back

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

The hotel is based on the standard of Novotel and its position is very interesting like accommodation during the exhibition period.
The room are comfortable.
The morning breakfast is worth the money.
The dinner service (in case of need) is sufficient

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Stéphane T, General Manager at Novotel Paris 14 Porte d'Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Dear guest,

We thank you for your comment regarding our hotel. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us !

See you soon,

S.TISON - Site manager

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Paper cups for coffee is never a good idea and very small ones at that. Never enough sachets of milk left either!!!!!!!

Overall very good hotel and lovely staff. Never tried the breakfast as theres a lovely bakers en route to the station.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Stéphane T, General Manager at Novotel Paris 14 Porte d'Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Dear Sonia,

We thank you very much for your feedback following your stay in our establishment. We appreciate your comments about the hotel and our teams. For your information, we are member of the "Planet 21" program for the environment's protection, that's why we provide paper cups in all our rooms.

We hope seeing you again in our establishment,

Best regards,