“Worst ever ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Had a ravioli with vegetables. The vegetables where just spinach a la creme and some other random frozen vegetables. I made better pasta as a student!

The service was pretty bad either. The waiter didn't pay any attention, there where only 3 other tables. Don't go there, there're many better priced options around!

There are newer reviews for Caffe Italiano

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Terrible excperience. Bad service. Ravioli with frozen vegetables- worst dish of my life. I even found a piece of glass in the ravioli.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

My son wanted farfalle and we googled searched and found this place right off the champs d elysees. The vegetarian pizza was very good and my son was very happy with his farfalle.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

This was the absolute worst dining experience I've ever had in my entire life and the first bad review I've ever given, but I think people should know. We have been in Europe for the past 2 weeks and have been eating out at least once a day and have had nothing but wonderful experiences. We walk into this place and are ignored for 5 minutes, and it's not that busy. We finally get to order, and after we do, a couple walk in and another man walks in alone. They order about 5 minutes after us. 10 minutes later their food comes out, which was pasta, same as we ordered, but we continue to wait and after 30 more minutes, we explain we would like to pay for the starter we ordered (mixed veggies that were cold) and leave because we were famished and apparently didn't exist at this place. The waiter said we couldn't leave and if we did he would call the police, which was a complete overreaction. I calmly explained we wanted to pay for what we ate and politely leave. He replied that we had to pay for our pasta, which was in that moment magically ready. I asked to have it placed in a to go box because we needed to get home, and while doing this he kept saying we were "stupid tourists." I have never felt so immensely disrespected and hated at a dining establishment. I understand I'm not from the country, but we had been walking around and up and down stairs for 9 hours (Paris is a workout) and just wanted some food and instead we got ignored and treated like garbage. An absolutely terrible experience, please think twice about dining here, there are many other wonderful places that will actually treat you like a decent human being. Also, the bathroom was flooded, which should have been a sign to leave from the beginning. An altogether disgusting establishment with abhorrent service and subpar food.

Gianluigi C, Propriétaire at Caffe Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2017

Dear Sir. Dear Madam.
I am the owner of this place and I deeply regret the fact that I was not there when you came into our restaurant.
Never nobody in our restaurant has been treated like stupid tourist or garbage. More than the others my wife (in the kitchen) and my son (who made the service).
Even, in some few cases when some guests REALLY were not happy about the food or service, we have preferred to offer the meal to avoid uncomfortable situations.
But we are not stupid and do not let go people who try to be too "clever".
Anyway, you had a funny story to tell: I should have mine. And my son too.
But this is another story.
But if you really want to know who we are and we do, kindly don't go so far: enough to take the time and read the previous reviews about our restaurant.
You'll maybe understand better who you are and what you do.
Take care.
Gianluigi Castano

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

I took the rocket salad and it was great. I also got the oil aglio spaghetti and it was quite nice. I liked it. It's small place but with very nice service. Located in the central of the city