1,364 results
All reviews rome metro station astoria opera free soft drinks and snacks the breakfast area moulin rouge quiet street reception staff mini fridge spoke very good english would definitely stay here again triple room decent size minute walk excellent hotel included breakfast croissants main attractions
Reviewed 13 October 2018

I stayed at Hotel Astoria on the last week of Sep 2018 with my 2 friends. It was our first time in Paris. The front desk staff were very helpful in providing information about how to get around the city and see the major city attractions. They also helped us in getting an airport taxi on our last day.

At breakfast, the kitchen staff were very attentive in making sure the food supply is adequate and the dining area tidy. They were very friendly and helpful in giving us tips about Paris. The buffet breakfast was so good, it was an amazing way to start your day before setting out to explore the city.

At night when we return to the hotel, even in the wee hours, there were snacks and drinks laid out on the dining area. What a great bonus after a tiring day of exploring Paris! The same can be said for the drinks inside the fridge in our room.

Astoria is a 3 minute walk to Rome metro station, and Liège station is about a 5 minute walk. Very convenient for us who used the metro everyday. The neighborhood is very pleasing with its many cafés, restos, convenience stores, bakeries and patisseries. You can walk to The Moulin Rouge in just 15 minutes, and you can see the dome of the Sacré Coeur just as you turn around the street coming from Rome metro station.

As a final note, the price of staying here is affordable and worth every penny. We were very happy about the service, the cleanliness and the value for money that Astoria gave us. We had a very memorable experience in Paris, and Astoria was a big part of it. If I will be lucky enough to return to Paris, I will definitely stay at Astoria.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank cherryknot07
Paris_Asto, Directeur général at Hotel Astoria - Astotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

What a nice comment, thank you ! The Astoria hotel team and I are glad to know you had a nice first stay in Paris, enjoying the area and our hotel services. If you return to Paris for second time, don't hesitate to come back.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Great hotel in quiet residential street. Shops close by, metro station 5 mins away. We had a superior double which had a balcony looking out onto the street which was a bonus. good sized room and bathroom. very comfortable bed. free mini bar in room and free drinks and snacks pm was another bonus (can be used across all 16 hotels in the chain across Paris).
Staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, especially reception and Tej in the breakfast room. We would definitely stay here again. loved it.

Room Tip: 5th floor for balcony
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sandersdave
Paris_Asto, Directeur général at Hotel Astoria - Astotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Thank you for this recommendation ! Our team and I look forward to see you soon at the Astoria Hotel - Astotel.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I wasn’t sure, at first, whether I would like this neighborhood as it appeared to be out of the way from several of the sites I wanted to visit. But the rates were attractive, and I liked the full breakfast and the option to have snacks both at this hotel and it all of the other group hotels throughout Paris. The complimentary sodas, juice, and water in the minibar every day were wonderful.

I also found it to be clean, and had excellent service from the front desk.

l saw one of the interior, small rooms, and I preferred my Superior your room with a balcony. Room 211 was very comfortable and spacious.

The large beds in the rooms are really two twins pushed together. I didn’t find it to be uncomfortable, I’m just noting this in case others are wondering (like I did).

My air-conditioner did not work because I believe they turned on the heat at the end of my stay. I was able to open a window to get the room cooling off to sleep. Note individual air conditioners may not work on the shoulder seasons, is that a centrally controlled.

The walls are rather thin. I had a problem or a couple of nights with other guests running down the down the hall after a night out, and then I could hear every single thing they did as they were getting ready for bed. Conversely, I felt really badly about having to get up shower and dry my hair at 6 AM knowing they had just arrived home a few hours earlier.

My only service complaint is at the front desk told me bad advice about getting to the airport. They seem to suggest you could not count on a taxi to actually pick you up at this hotel, and instead I need to take the shuttle which would make me leave an hour earlier than I thought was necessary. Instead, I called my own car using G7 Taxi and had a wonderful experience with an English-speaking driver and a flat rate in a clean beautiful car, that arrived five minutes early. It makes me wonder whether the front desk gets some sort of kickback from the shuttle. I would use G7 again in a heartbeat.

Note- There are no USB charging ports in the rooms. Thought people would want to know that as well.

Pics are of views from room 211.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank raleighgrl

Thank you for this nice comment. We are delighted that your stay in our hotel has pleased you, as well as its staff and its various services.
We took your remarks about the noise and we'll do our best to improve it. Also, we are sorry about the "taxi episode", make sure it won't happen again.

We hope to see you again at the Astoria Hotel - Astotel !

Reviewed 4 October 2018

We had a great four day stay at Hotel Astoria in August 2018.

The hotel staff, especially Camille at the front desk, was very helpful.

We booked four rooms for our family and we got two rooms on two floors. Camille made sure our rooms were close to each other and gave us an upgrade on at least one room. On the last day of our stay, she offered a late check out for one room in case we needed it.

She looked up train schedules and booked some taxis for us. When I had a problem with getting a document sent to the hotel email address, she gave me an alternate email address to send the document so I could get it printed at the hotel. Nice!

The breakfast staff was friendly, refilled all the food items when they ran low and gave us prompt service when we asked for items we needed. We appreciated all their efforts.

We enjoyed the breakfast included - pastries, bread, cold cuts, cheese, eggs, sausage/meats, cereal, etc. We also liked the free soda and bottled water in the mini fridge in our rooms as well as the free snacks and candy in the lounge.

The rooms were cute (smaller than what we were used to) and had comfortable beds. Oh, and the bathroom toiletries included mini-sponges for cleaning shoes and a shower cap with a scrunchie. Very useful!

The hotel's location was perfect for us since it was in a quiet neighborhood, with restaurants, bakeries and small markets nearby. It was also a few minutes walking distance to the metro.

The whole stay was great because the hotel staff made all the difference.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelDream67

Dear Guest,
A huge thank you for your nice comment. We are happy to know you and your family had a nice stay at the Astoria Hotel - Astotel. I will personally thank the staff and Camille after your kind message.

If you come back to Paris, don't hesitate to come back !

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

I’ve just returned from a 4 night stay in Paris with my partner. The good reviews attracted us to this hotel and I’ll now add to them.

Upon arrival we were greeted by the reception staff who were very polite and helpful, and spoke very good English. We were directed to our 4th floor room which was small but adequate. The bathroom was a bit dated and could do with a refurb, but was good enough. Every room comes with a free minibar, with ours consisting of a can of Pepsi, 3 bottles of water (2 still, 1 sparkling) and a Tropicana orange juice, along with tea and coffee. These were restocked every day we were there. There was also a free safe which was handy.

The included buffet breakfast was very nice. Consisting of a selection of cereals, fruits, pastries, jams and breads. The hot food were sausages, bacon and scrambled eggs. Tej introduced himself and told us that if there’s anything we need, just let him know. He’s definitely an asset to the hotel, laughing and joking with all the guests and making them feel welcome.

Also included in the price are drinks and snacks from 1pm at all of the 16 Astotel chain of hotels. This comes in handy if you’re out and about and fancy a sit down and a coffee/cold drink. We tried a couple of different hotels and the offerings are very similar: nuts, cakes, biscuits etc. But they do differ slightly.

Now to be a bit negative. Whilst our room was ok, it seemed as though every floorboard squeaked as we walked around. The walls are very thin and we could hear everything from our neighbouring guests. Whether if affects every room I do not know. This I found particularly annoying at times.

So would I stay here again? Yes I would! The positives far out way the negatives. It’s set in a quiet road and has access to plenty of public transport links to get to the centre of Paris. Or if you like walking, it took us about 1 hour to walk from the Eiffel Tower.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian D
Paris_Asto, Directeur général at Hotel Astoria - Astotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear Ian,
Thank you for this nice comment. We're glad you and your partner had a great time in our hotel. We're taking your remarks about the noise very seriously and we'll do our best to improve it.

We hope to see you again at our Astoria hotel - Astotel.