Lowest prices for your stay
RM 442
Wide_Traveller1965
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
A great hotel made even better by lovely staff.
Review of Hôtel Gaston
Reviewed 18 Dec 2022
This is a really lovely hotel, with fantastic staff. We went in a big group to celebrate a friend's birthday and nothing was too much trouble. All our different questions and requests were dealt with efficiently and with kindness. We were made to feel very welcome.

The rooms are on the small side, but very comfortable, with lovely beds and pillows. The bathrooms are clean with plenty of towels and hot water. The continental breakfast was delicious, with croissants, pain au chocolat and choices of cold meat and cheese. Although there is not a restaurant or bar, you can buy hot and cold drinks from reception.

The location is very convenient, with two metro stations within ten minutes' walk. The area is quiet, with some lovely local shops tucked just behind the hotel. We felt perfectly safe popping out alone for a wander.

Overall, a great hotel and outstanding staff. Thank you so much for making our stay special.

Date of stay: December 2022
    RM 537
8.3 km from Hôtel Gaston
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Paris
All reviews rooms are small boutique hotel modern design great hotel croissants quiet neighborhood two metro stations min walk hotel room mattresses parisian
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2022 via mobile

Good location and average service but ok for one night that I spent as didn’t have lot of stuff; I’m not sure how would I move with more things because the room was really small. Breakfast is very poor and it has to be improved. I’m not sure that I would stay there when visiting Paris again, only if I have no other options.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jacques2018i
Reviewed 26 August 2022

We booked via Secret Escapes and got a nice deal. The rooms are small but cute, daily room service is good, location is super safe, reception open 24 hrs, iron available on request and decent small breakfast. We personally had a good experience, specially keeping the price in mind. We were struggling to find a mid-range hotel in peak summer holidays and found this bargain deal on Secret Escapes.

Room tip: Get their biggest room if possible. Rooms are small.
Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 17 June 2022

I was in Paris for a conference for a couple of days and needed a reasonably priced hotel for my stay. Hotel Gaston was within budget and the hotel was quite modern and very clean. The staff are so friendly that the hotel leaves you with an impression of old fashioned charm, they always remember their guests and make an effort if you need assistance. I would highly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2022 via mobile

Average hotel.
What you pay is what you get - you pay for 3 stars, you get 3.
Room was clean but tiny.
Shower head didn’t work so the shower didn’t hold.
Not enough water pressure
Sink drainage doesn’t work properly so water collected in the sink.
Staff ask to hold the room keys whilst you’re out (a bit off putting).
Staff aren’t as friendly as expected.
Location is quite good, not close to Paris attractions but close enough to the metro (10 min walk).
Seems like a safe area of Paris..
would I stay again? Probably not.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dasha P
Reviewed 1 April 2022 via mobile

I was searching for an economical place for my daughter and I to stay for a last-minute trip to Paris during her Spring Break. When I came across the artsy, modern style of Hotel Gaston I knew it was the one for us - we are big fans of modern design.

Upon arrival, I was especially pleased to find the hotel is conveniently located in a quiet neighborhood of Paris, close to a few restaurants and grocery stores, as well as metro and bus stations. Our room was small, but perfectly adequate for what we needed as we don’t spend lots of time in a hotel room when on vacation. Our bathroom was small as well - only room for one at a time, but again, was perfectly adequate. We fell in love with the (almost) floor-to-ceiling window in our room that we could swing open and fully let the sights and sounds of this quietly bustling area of the city in. We fell in love with the modern design of our room as well as the fantastic artwork in the hallways of each floor. Really fun and creative!

We mainly interacted with three staff members who were each very friendly and went out of their way to be as helpful to us as possible. Being foreigners in a new country, we had lots of questions and needed quite a bit of transportation guidance at the start. A+ to the Hotel Gaston staff. Housekeeping came daily and remade our bed as well as vacuumed, emptied trash, and left fresh towels. We opted for the two twin beds pushed together and the mattresses were very comfortable! I wouldn’t hesitate to book a stay with Hotel Gaston again on a return trip to Paris!

Date of stay: March 2022