“Absolutely perfect”
Review of Cobea

Cobea
Reserve with
Cobea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 19,251 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$55 - US$125
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montparnasse
Description: The menu consists of a wonderland of taste beginning with hors d’oeuvres and “amuse-bouches” followed by a tasting menu of 4, 6 or 8 courses. Each dish is described with a simple label while the exact recipe remains “la surprise du chef!” To let oneself be surprised and guided into the gourmet world of Philipe Bélissent is an exceptional culinary experience, renewed at each new meal. Each course is accompanied by wines carefully selected by Jerome Cobou who has assembled an impressive wine cellar which combines classics and new discoveries. An equally imaginative lunch menu is offered daily: hors d’oeuvres, choice of starter, choice of main course, followed by coffee and a surprise dessert. Mineral water is complementary. Each dish is created with seasonal products carefully selected according to strict criteria: quality, flavor and certified origin (“origine controlee”).
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Wow! Now I know why food is so revered in France. This restaurant deserves its 2018 Michelin Star, and then some. We had the six-course tasting menu with wine pairing. The presentation was artfully done, the food was delicious, and the sommelier’s choices were unique, local, and delicious.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Only booked this morning from the airport.. am I glad I did ... we eat out a lot and know good food .. this is way past that xx can’t praise the place enough .. the staff are outstanding ...next time we’re here will be back xx

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I'm not one for writing reviews but I'm prepared to make an exception for this superb dining experience!

We booked as a birthday celebration via email and all responses were gratefully in English. We turned up and were instantly seen to by incredibly attentive staff who were relaxed and friendly whilst smart, knowledgeable and professional.

We opted for the 8 course menu and, oh my days, every dish was prepared to a remarkable standard in looks, presentation, thought and taste. Service was impeccable with each dish expertly explained by different hosts each time. The wine course was excellent and great value.

I cannot fault this restaurant and it is a gem in Paris that you should visit if in the area!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

My husband took me to Paris for my 40th birthday and I searched fine dining restaurants and found this one and my god I'm so glad I did! We had 8 courses with paired wines and it was just amazing! The staff are attentive, informative and I can't even describe how insinc they were with each other, plates were bought and collected by two waiters and placed in front of us, each course was described to us and each wine too, I absolutely recommend this restaurant while in Paris!

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Overall, it was a great experience with my husband and a very memorable date night out on the town in Paris. Truly a once in a lifetime night :) We went with the full prix fixe course menu with wine pairings to #treatourselves. A few weird things happened at first but once the courses started, the flow of the evening became much better and the overall experience was lovely. I'll list out some impressions below, categorized by not so great, mediocre and awesome:

Not so great things:
- We called about 1.5 hours before our reservation time to see if we could push it back by 30 minutes. They let us know we could be 15 minutes late (fair enough) so we made it exactly at that time and the host really acted like we put them out. I almost felt like they were looking down on us for even calling to ask. I know tables are limited, but things happen sometimes! 15 minutes hopefully doesn't mess up the kitchen THAT bad I would hope and we were made to feel like it did. Who knows!
- When we arrived we asked if we could do the full menu. The host/first waitress, again, acted like this was an inconvenience to them. I assume we were the last table to be sat and they wanted to get out on time but seriously -- add in a window for overflow! We're about to drop a TON of money on a meal, please don't treat customers like inconveniences. The host/waitress had to "ask" if it would be okay for us to have the full menu. To note - we were not the last people to leave (others that were there before us were there after us -- we all know that in Paris you're supposed to take your time). She came back and was like, "yes, you can have the full menu". Okay, thanks? It was a really off-putting way to start an expensive, nice meal.

Mediocre things:
- Some of the courses were "okay", not every dish blew me away. Frog legs... eh.
- Sometimes the person explaining the meal would rush through the explanation so quickly and only talk to my husband. There was a teeny bit of a language barrier but that is not their fault at all! I would recommend to them to speak slower and louder to both people at the table.
- This is super picky on my part and I admit it but we had a really bright light right on us during dinner (mounted on the wall). Wish it were a little dimmer.
- I paid for extra truffles ($30 E for just this) and they were plentiful but not all that strong in flavor.

Favorite things:
- Most of the food was phenomenal. The dessert course, in particular, was awesome, plus they threw in extra desserts.
- The sweet bread was soooo tasty. Melted in my mouth.
- Duck was delicious!
- They definitely treated us to extra courses not on the menu. Such a nice surprise!
- Presentation was THE BEST! Parisians really know their stuff when it comes to presentation, plus an explanation of each dish.
- The wine sommelier was very knowledgeable and just as excited about the pairings as I'm sure the chef was about his plates. He spoke about the region and the taste, really well done. I prefer red which he was like, "are you sure?" but then he worked with me on it. Super flexible and really neat experience. Plus, all the wine with dinner. Woof, we were tipsy! I really loved the dessert port we had at the end.
- Seriously the dessert course was the bomb. I'll share a picture.
- They gave us little cakes in packages for breakfast (the next day). Such a cute little touch and really impressed me (especially after having so much wine, hahaha).

All in all, I'm glad we went there and choose Cobea as our night out in Paris. I would recommend!