Best Western Star Champs Elysees
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$195
  • Restaurant
US$280
US$252
  • Fitness centre
Citadines Place d'Italie Paris(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$180
Agoda.com
Hotel Acadia - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$327
US$317
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewschamps elyseescdg etoilegreat locationmetro stationarc de triumphparis marathonloved our stayrooms are smallvery pleasant staybreakfast buffet issmall liftside streetcroissantsbed was very comfortablehotel is perfectstandard roomfew blocks
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I spent 4 nights at the Best Western Star this month. This hotel has produced a positive impression on me and I would recommend it to other travellers.

The Best Western star rooms seem to have been renovated not long ago, everything looked fresh and new. My room was on the small size but nicely decorated in pink/dark brown colours and had a large bed with a good mattress. The flat screen tv on the wall opposite of the bed (French channels but also BBC, CNN, plus an Italian one) had the quirky habit of switching itself off after ca. one hour of watching but this was a minor inconvenience so I didn t report it to the reception desk staff. Bathroom had a shower plus sink (modern), toilet was in a separate, closet-style room. No body lotion or hair conditioner were supplied, only shampoo, shower gel and soap (Best Western products).

There was no hot water kettle in the room (rare in France anyhow) but the tap water got very hot so it was possible to brew the occasional decent instant coffee. The room had clima but fortunately the window could also be opened for fresh air.

The desk staff I came across during my stay were a lady and a man, both very friendly and helpful.

For those who need to buy something from a supermarket, there is a Monoprix near the corner of Rue Mac Mahon / Avenue des Ternes. There are several pharmacies in Rue Mac Mahon, too.

The Best Western Star is only a 5 minutes walk from the Arc, so I recommend to take the Air France Shuttle Bus (Car Air France) to get into the city. Buy a ticket at the Information Desk in the arrival hall (the return ticket is 24 Euro, cheaper than 2 single tickets), exit via Galerie 3. The bus stops in the street parallel to Rue Mac Mahon. The return buses to Charles de Gaulles Airport depart on Rue Mac Mahon, very near to the Arc, a 3 minutes walk from the Best Western Star.

A piece of advice to those who want to enjoy the elegant neighbourhood with its beautiful buildings and stylish designer shops: Avoid the Champs Elysees and its junk stores and tourist masses flip-flopping about it. Go to the Avenue George V and the Avenue Montaigne instead.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Stayed here for a long weekend in August. The location is good -on a quiet side street but only a 1 minute walk from Charles De Gaulle Etoille Metro at the top of the Champs Elysee. From here you can reach most of the major attractions and central districts of Paris within 15-20 minutes. The Air France shuttle bus also picks up and drops off at this point.

The room was small and I wouldn't recommend the bed for anyone much over 6ft tall! However it was modern looking with a flat screen tv and cleaned to a high standard. The bathroom was also small but perfectly functional.

The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helped out with directions and timings. The hotel also offers free wireless internet if you need to do your own research/planning whilst there. I'd happily recommend this hotel as a good value for money option in Central Paris.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2009

I stayed here for 1 night and found the hotel to be a great scale (not too big or small in terms of number of rooms/guests). The staff were very attentive and friendly (certainly a plus when staying in Paris), the rooms were modern (recently renovated) and clean (although the standard was slightly on the small size so you wouldn't want to be travelling with a lot of luggage or like loads of space. It was an easy 5 min walk to the Arc De Triumphe and Champs Elysees and only a min or two to a nearby cab rank. The mini bar prices were very cheap which was a nice surprise. Having stayed in a number of hotels in Paris, this one represented absolutely brilliant value for money. Internet was free of charge. I would definately stay again (if my trip were self funded rather than business) but get a larger room.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2009

The hotel was walking distance to Champs Elysees, metro station, restaurants etc. The room was very nice and very clean.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2009

We took the Air France shuttle which drops you off around the corner from the hotel on Rue de Carnot. However, make sure as you exit the bus, you go to the LEFT, not the right around the corner to get to the hotel. This small hotel is on a tiny street, in between 2 larger streets. Arc D'Triomphe street which is where the hotel is located, I was expecting (based on TA's reviews) to be much more quaint. But it is a rather dirty residential street, which we found somewhat questionable locals loitering around, and has a 24 hr. laundromat across the street. Wasn't at all what I expected. We attempted to try the L'Arc cafe around the corner from the hotel, but due to poor service we left and opted to just try a tiny little Chinese buffet restaurant just down the street from the other cafe where we felt more welcomed and it was 10 times cheaper. We were laughing how we were doing Chinese food in Paris, but felt we had not choice. Our hotel room was spacious with a view of the street below, but the linens on the beds weren't clean. It's just not cool finding other people's hair on bed sheets that you haven't touched. I was too tired to complain, so just kept my clothes on during our (thank God) 1 night stay. The hotel staff are accommodating, helpful, and polite. I had brought a Best Western free night voucher along that I downloaded from my computer before the trip, and they said the voucher had already been used??? I just got back home to the States yesterday, so I still have to call Best Western to make sure this hotel did not charge me for the night.

The hotel is just a block from the arc d'triomphe, but besides the Louvre, Paris has completely gone down hill in my estimation over all. We saw trash strewn along the Champs Elysees, a lot of graffiti, dealt with a lot of anti-Americanism from the locals, which some of them looked so seedy as if they might rob you at any given moment. It just over all, was not a great experience. Was in Paris last time 15 years ago, and what once was a vibrant, attractive city is now looking depressed, dirty, and feeling unsafe. We couldn't wait to leave. :(

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family