“Valentine's Day with my work colleagues. Not romantic, but good”
Review of Le Chat Ivre

Le Chat Ivre
Ranked #1,799 of 17,770 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Reviewed 20 February 2017

The 6 of us walked in 'early' by French standards, at about 7pm for dinner. Our hope was we would beat the St. Valentine's Day crowds. We did, and by the time we left at 9pm, the place was full. The food was very good and reasonably priced. The atmosphere was nice, but not stuffy and the prices fair. I wouldn't say it's a place to really go out of your way to find in a city so full of excellent restaurants, but if you're in the neighborhood, this is a very good choice.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

At the end of a long first day in Paris after an overseas flight from the US I had dinner here. I was tired and this place was awesome. I was the first one there since I knew I couldn't stay up late. By the time I left it was filing up so reservations would probably be good if you have a group. The server was very nice to me although she didn't speak much English and my French is poor, but we communicated great. I talked her through how to make a gin and tonic ....with a lime. She was very patient with me. I had several of what I would describe as small plates...one was calamari and another of marinated salmon as well as a cheese plate...and of course wine. It is a very nice and warm place on a quite side street. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

We went with four friends and it was a really good experience. The place is small, so you should book a table. Food was excellent, everything I was expecting from French cuisine.

1  Thank Inti P
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Really good food and nice atmosphere. French style, cool place and people. Nice waiters , book in advance. Located in a great area.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

The food, more typical Spanish than French from my point of view, was really good. We really enjoyed and at a cheap price. But the venue was very noisy to speak to my friends. But I'd recommend this restaurant for sure! Good atmosphere!