“Unforgettable - Proposal in Paris”

Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome
Ranked #68 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Just another message giving accolades to the excellent PH-V management, staff, concierge, restaurant, and spa staff! What a wonderful, relaxing, and altogether amazing experience.

My fiancé and I just returned from Paris yesterday, after spending five lovely days in a Park Executive Suite with a balcony overlooking Rue de la Paix (complimentary upgrade after using 33k/night GP redemption for a Park Suite). Mind you, I used points (instead of the 1000-euro+ cost/night)...

Prior to my arrival, I notified the management that I’d be proposing to my to-be-fiancé during our time in Paris. When I arrived, the manager quietly asked me what day/time I’d be proposing so that she could have a complimentary bottle of Champagne (turned out to be an exceptionally nice bottle) waiting for us after the proposal.

The Diamond breakfast was simply outstanding (I’m really missing it today); servers remembered everything day-to-day.

The Concierge helped with booking advance NYE tickets and made restaurant recommendations on the other nights – even got us night-of reservations to the joel robuchon L’Atelier restaurant.

On our last night, we returned very late to PH-V, and we were greeted by Gil (a concierge). Gil had not seen us, we had not met him; in fact, I think he’d not been working for the few days prior. Before we said anything, Gil welcomed us each by name (my fiancé’s name wasn’t even on the reservation) and he congratulated us on our engagement (my fiancé had a glove on!) – then he asked how he could help us.

Our friends stayed on my points at the Intercontinental Le Grande, and (although it’s still nice), what a markedly different (and better) experience it was to stay at the PH-V.

Truly an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mcavin

Reviewed 25 December 2011

This hotel was located in a great location. near restaurants and shopping. Easy subway access. I did find the staff a little stiff. The room was comfortable, not the best I have been in. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was luxourious.

Rain forest shower head was fab at the end of a long day. Inside courtyard view meant night
was quiet, but not a great view.

The dressing room was a nice suprise.. Elevator was fab as the "lifts" in Europe make me claustrphobic.

Room Tip: room looks like picture
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank fabiab1
Reviewed 22 December 2011

You may notice that many of my contributions here are highly positive ... I have waited one full year to voice this strongly negative opinion on this property..... An organized stay last December resulted in lots of frustration and disenchantment in the brand, less for me than those I invited to stay.

One example ... a daily battle of will and nerves ... for adequate and comfortable seating for pre and post dinner drinks! Staff constantly refused our party of 3 access to our chosen seating in the often empty lounge area either side of an open fire … preferring to give precedence to tables, in my view, fictively "reserved" for non-resident larger parties etc etc.. well dressed, freshly showered and presentable … we were daily refused the ability to sit where we preferred in an empty lounge area (even on a guarantee of staying only briefly pre-dinner) and could only sit at small tables with straight back chairs only to watch the seating we sought to enjoy languish empty.

This is increasingly a problem for Hotel residents across the globe as, often. … once we residents (paying guests) leave our rooms we are cast to the winds of the public spaces of our “Home from home” being monopolized by non-residents.

The rooms are small and a tad shabby compared to other properties. The wrought iron sculptures throughout are almost fear stirring. The room I booked was searingly over heated and it took three days to have the offending heater fixed etc etc. Accommodation and ESPECIALLY breakfast and all lobby ordered refreshments are exorbitantly overly priced ans served with sloth .

My parents had come around to understanding and agreeing with my love of Hyatt over Four Seasons up to this trip, after which the vowed NEVER to return (to this property at least). Staff, with the sole exception of Marie in Guest relations (who was excellently helpful), were the most blaze, disengaged and rude of all and any Hyatt staff I have encountered anywhere. Professionally I had put business contacts at this property but have since ceased to recommend it. Pity that such mismanagement simply compounds the cliché that travelers have of Paris and its residents .. it should be doing the opposite!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
19  Thank aTRIPinTIME
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My husband & I stayed here for two nights for enjoyment, following a four night stay at another nearby hotel for business. The entrance of the hotel is a bit small and discreet -- our taxi driver drove right past it -- but once inside, the hotel is quite luxurious and elegant.

Our junior suite was lovely and spacious, with a king size bed, multiple windows overlooking the glass-enclosed courtyard, electronically controlled shades, fireplace, separate tub/shower area, and a dressing area / bathroom about the size of my bedroom at home! Of course welcoming John Paul Hevin chocolates and a bottle of wine helped too (my husband is a Hyatt Diamond member), as did the very generous amenities in the bathroom including our own loofah. We visited the spa which was small but very nicely furnished, though the jacuzzi wasn't working when we were there, and the jacuzzi/sauna/steam rooms were co-ed. For Americans the (outrageously expensive) breakfast buffet can be a little disappointing, especially when compared to the lavish English / Asian hotel breakfast buffets, but service was very polite and comprehensive. You need to pay for wifi but it's free for diamond members.

The location of the hotel is good, located a short five minute walk from the Opera metro station, as well as within walking distance of Printemps, Galeries Lafayette, the Ritz, the main Chanel store, and the upscale shops of the Rue St Honore. The hotel is pricey, but you feel the money is well spent (five stars all the way) and I would definitely stay here again if I could afford it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PekoePeony
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Situated close the Place de la Concorde the Park Hyatt Paris is perfectly situated, especially if you want to go watch shopping as you have every top end manufactured is represented within a matter of a few hundred meters.

The Hotel is modern and my loft room was large, well furnished with a generous bathroom. The shower was a real experience.....and not for the light hearted, it was a treat after a walk up the Champs Elysees on a cold November day. The standard of maid service was excellent, with the room being thoroughly cleaned each day and not simply re-arranged.

Breakfast is a highlight with a wide variety of cold fish, fruit, cheese and meat.........fresh squeezed orange juice and and just about every method of cooking eggs. Its not cheap, in fact its really quite expensive, but then again just about every table was taken, so it must be doing something right.

The quality of service staff was first class and in the evening you can relax in the bar or lounge (split into 2 by a central fireplace)........with a wide variety of drinks.

To summarise........a 5* hotel in an excellent position, well sized rooms and first class service. The management of the hotel should be proud of their staff!

Room Tip: The loft rooms are generous and well furnished.......great bathroom and not noisy....
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business