All reviewsmetro stationaround the cornerleave the keywould stay againbusiness triprooms are smallfloor roomstaying at this hotelquiet areatea and coffeebuffet breakfastgare de lyonmain attractionswithin easy walking distanceloved this hotelshort staycomfortable bed
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

I love the way the room was designed. It's small but very cute. Wash room located underground and service superb. Loved it! Located very close to train station and it's very convenient for traveling around Paris. Reception staff are very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: August 2016
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Dear Madam, Sir,

I would like to thank you for your comment and your compliments on our hotel’s design and team.
We hope to welcome you again for your next stay in Paris.

Sonia Dupuy
Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2016

I stayed here for 5 or 6 days with my 17-year-old son in late June. I knew it would be hot in Paris and we were looking during the recent soccer competition so rooms were challenging to find. When a reservation elsewhere got fouled up, I booked this hoping that we'd at least have decent AC if we were going to be so far away from the main sites. We were not disappointed. The AC was the best I've ever encountered in Paris and it was hot and humid every day. The hotel is a short walk from a metro and a tram station which made getting to go where we wanted easy. The breakfast was very good, except the pain au chocolat were dry mini ones not worth trying. The fresh bread, still warm from the oven on days we ate early, made up for it. The room was small even by French standards but the beds were great and there was no noise so we both slept well. The area nearby has nothing of interest save for one striking cat sculpture. I dined by myself in the local area the last day after my son left for an exchange in the south of France. My choices were limited and unappealing. I would consider it again for a summer location since finding decent AC at an affordable hotel in Paris is impossible. I wouldn't recommend it to a first time visitor however since you would miss so much of the Parisian atmosphere so far away from the action. One way to save money here is to migrate away from their Web site after looking at it for a bit. When I did that it offered me a 5% discount and free breakfast. That is what tipped the cards in favor of this place.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Freedom804834
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Dear Sir,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again for your next trip in Paris.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

I would rate at least an 8. Although the hotel is quite small, it is only 2 minutes away from the tram and metro. It is also very comfortable with a modern bathroom. I was also able to print out important documents 24/7 in the hotel. However there's one thing I didn't like. I booked my stay from booking.com for a one person room but on the day I arrived I upgraded my room due to my sister coming along last minute. On the third day of my stay, my sister fell asleep and didn't open the door for me so I went to the reception to get help. I told the receptionist that I couldn't get into my room and he asked about my room number, checked my reservation papers, and said that he couldn't open the door because it's a room for one person and that my sister had already taken the card with her. I explained to him about the upgrade but he wouldn't believe me so he checked my papers again and apologized that he didn't read it carefully. I hope next time the receptionist would check my updated reservation carefully and correctly. Also, I'd like to point out that some parts of the carpet are obviously dirty so it would be nice to have it cleaned for the next guest.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Widya H

Dear Madam,

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and truly sorry for the inconvenience with the door key.

We hope to welcome you again for your next trip to Paris.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

The hotel is comfortable. Area is quiet. Service at the front desk is very good. Room AC in the room is cold enough for summer weather. The Hotel is open 24 hours, it is convenient when one comes back late hours. The Hotel is safe. The bathroom is a bit small. The room is cleaned every day. The only thing is coffee/tea/sugar/creamer are not always filled everyday, which the room cleaners supposed to do.
Otherwise, every thing is fine.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com

Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for your comment, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Have you mentioned this problem with the courtesy tray to the reception? Had we known, we would have taken care of the issue.

We look forward to welcome you again for your next stay in Paris.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

We had no idea what the Hotel or location would be like. It turned out to be in a very convenient, quiet location close to the Metro and therefore central Paris. The room was comfortable' clean and was serviced daily during our 4-day stay. We had a TV problem which was fixed immediately and the staff were very polite. The atmosphere in Paris was tense at the time due to the recent terrorist attacks so we felt safer here. We would definitely stay here next time we visit.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com
1  Thank GeffersonB

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay among us, and to see that you felt safe in our hotel.

We will be very happy to welcome you again for your next visit in Paris.