All reviewsmoulin rougesex shopspigalle metroexcellent locationdecent hotelfew minutes walkgood sizeelevatorbedroomac
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

Very good position, metro station 5 min away, Carrefour across street , full of pubs in the area. Not recommended for people "sleep sensitive " . In weekends it's noisy . Breakfast is basic : croissants, coffee, tea , butter...nothing else .
Overall a good budget choice .

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank romanrzv
Reviewed 17 July 2015

Basic Accomodation in an excellent location. Very accessible, had no apprehension in moving around with family. Busy neigbourhood with lots of restaurants around. With teh Pigale station barely 100m away, very accessible from any part of the city

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

It is simple hotel but very clean and tidy! As you will stay just to sleep I believe that this will attend your necessities.

Just one point, the coffeebreak is very weak!

In summary, the hotel is good, I can say that you won't stay in the hotel because Paris has a lot of things to do and you will just sleep there!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robson C
Reviewed 12 July 2015

We booked here for one-night during a short visit to Paris (4 of us, 2 rooms) and found it ideal for what we wanted. Well located 5 minutes by taxi from Gare de Nord - a 10-12 minute walk up to Sacre Coeur and the good restaurants of Montmartre - 12 minutes in the other direction to La Opera.
We requested quiet rooms - they were. Staff spoke good English and were very helpful. Reading some of the other reviews we wondered if we were in the same hotel?! OK its close to the Moulin Rouge and the "attractions" of that area but no effect on the quiet street where this hotle located and planty of choice for bars and cafes within a few mintues. Yes, there is a small elevator - but the stairs work well!
We found breakfast at €7 per person just as good as local cafe's with a good selection of croissants, baguettes, yoghurt and good coffee - good value
Location and value for money were just right for our short trip - thank you Kyriad Montmatre

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - worked well for us
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 3 July 2015

I just returned from a trip to Paris and I stayed with my family for 7 days in this hotel. Before my trip, I looked very much for a cheap 3 stars hotel in Opera, with high score of the visitors’ comments and near to a metro station. I believed that in these standarts, it was the best choice and I booked it.
I had prepare myself from the comments that I had read and I send three or four e-mails with some asks (I requested a backyard side room to avoid the noise from the nearly bars, a curtain in the bathroom, a daily clean in the room, etc.). The answers of the mails came with delay and after re-mail of me (the last answer came when I was in Paris).
The hotel mainly addresses to small businessmen, companies’ employees or tourists with no requirements who uses the hotel for a breakfast and a sleep. Families with small kids excluded for many reasons.
The room and the bathroom isn’t in a safe-healthy situation, the small elevator often stops while you are in it (!) and all the spaces of the hotel are too small and closely. There is no curtain in the bath, the cleaning of the room is vestigial and many of extras which are blazoning of the hotel site are for laughing. There is a very good wi-fi in the rooms, but only in one device per room (!). The breakfast is simply good, but you feel the breath of your seatmate in the hall (which is one meter from the reception and used for many other situations).
Basic english speaking from the two alternate employees from reception and the rest stuff speaks only french. Generally help and attend to the requirements of the clients.
I know that the most hotels in Paris in this level and in this area are in that standarts. I suggest for the families who wants to visit Paris, to stay in a not crowed and less tourist area.

Room Tip: Backyard side and high floor to avoid the noise of nearly bars (especially in weekends).
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family