“Great food and experience ”
Review of Ducale Cafe

Ducale Cafe
Ranked #1,579 of 17,739 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trocadero
Description: Cafe Restaurant de type brasserie Parisienne,Accueil et service de qualite. Specialites de viandes, entrecotes sur planche, Viandes d'argentine......Formule Express le midi a 12.50€
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

First, kudos to this place for being one of the few places open on a Sunday. We live nearby and always seem to think of going out on a Sunday, when options are limited.

We had an amazing meal, despite its simplicity.

Hubby had a rump steak with bernaise sauce. Cooked to perfection, lean tender cut. Fries were also nice

Daughter had ordered the burger off the main menu which came with two kinds of cheese. One of the onion cheeses was amazing, but not to her liking. We scrapes that off and she ate the entire burger! that never happens....

I had a mishmash/ started with the French onion soup which was perfect and whole family ended up sharing. I then had the tomato mozzarella and pesto appetizer and that was also good. Finally I had a second starter-salmon tartar as a main and it's also great.

For dessert (since we're trying to eat less!) we shared the cafe gourmand. The espresso was great/standard. It had a sampling of a macaroon, chocolate mouse and a panna cotta with salted caramel.

The server was a lovely lady as well.

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner here, and were pleasantly surprised that they offered an English-language copy of their menu. Our party of three started with Onion Soup (shared by two of us) and the Raw Vegetable Plate which is essentially a salad for one with greens, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, and dressing. Then we had Lamb Shank, Duck Confit, and a Half Cockrel. We shared Chocolate Mousse for dessert. All of the food was delicious and prepared well. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

We were staying in a nearby hotel (Hotel Waldorf) and had a look on tripadvisor for nearby restaurant that wasn't too pricey, this one seemed to stand out.

I have previously worked as a waiter so I could appreciate the work the two waitresses were doing especially considering the place was full. They worked very hard and had a laugh whilst doing so. They spoke very good English, were very fast and attentive when needed. Hats off to them for maintaining that service in busy circumstances.

Try the French onion soup, it was delicious, though if you're having more than one course I would recommend sharing it between you and another, especially considering the bread basket is topped up for each course. For main course I had the Rump steak with bernaise sauce, and my girlfriend had the lamb shank. Both dishes were cooked perfectly. I would recommend the lamb shank.

The atmosphere was good, the place was full but at the same time you were able to distance yourselves from others. It was a casual and relaxing place, even amongst all the business.

One of the best parts of the meal was the price, it was very affordable, especially compared to the UK. I'm usually very tentative to leave a tip unless the experience goes further than the ordinary but this place genuinely merited excellent scores in all areas.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

I saw this restaurant was close to our hotel via TripAdvisor (2 mins to Hotel Baltimore on Ave Kleber) and I was very pleased we decided to visit.

It was a Friday evening and the restaurant and pavement bar were both nicely busy. There was a nice atmosphere and being on a corner plenty people watching to be done.

Service was very pleasant, menus in English and the food was delicious and very tasty. Onion soup, fish rillette, duck confit and sirloin steak all washed down with a bottle of Rose for €65.

I would recommend a visit if your staying in this area.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

We were looking for a good neighborhood restaurant on our last night in Paris. The Ducale Cafe was a good choice. It was small, with excellent service and very good food at a reasonable price. Our server was very helpful in answering our questions since our acknowledge of French was almost non-existent. I had the Lamb Shank with the potato augratin and green beans. It was excellent. My wife had the sirloin steak with fries. The sirloin steak was average but as my wife said "sirloin is sirloin". We sat next to an Australian couple who had the Lamb Shank and the Duck. They said both were excellent. The restaurant is small and it is easy to strike up conversations with fellow travelers which can make for an enjoyable evening.