“Where you feel like a local”
Review of Le Cafe Ponce

Le Cafe Ponce
Ranked #5,175 of 17,770 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I love this place, a cafe where locals and visitors mix, Luc our waiter knew our drink order after our first visit, when he saw us sit drinks where brought without having to ask. Food was quite good and people watching was great with the sidewalk chairs. We saw that 75% of customers at the bakery across the street broke off a piece of their baguette on the way out of the store, with our view. We were cheering on people to eat the bread!
A fun place and a Parisian experience!

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

This cafe is near to where I was staying, there was a reasonable amount of people eating and drinking at the establishment. It was 3:50 and it was a hot day, I was in need of a quick refreshment, there were two waiters outside, so she respectfully asked if it was ok for me to take a table outside, which they said yes to. Five minutes later another member of staff informed me that they were closed. I explained that two of her colleagues had said it was ok. I also expressed that I only wanted a quick drink to quench my thirst but she was not prepared to offer me a my simple request. I took my opportunity to speak with the manager who was also not prepared to be flexible and he just kept saying without sincerity that he was sorry, whilst smiling. I thought this was a poor show as the cafe shut at 4pm and it was now still only 3:55pm. I am disappointed at the staff for the indignity and embarrassment of being offered a table and then effectively being told to leave once I had taken my place.

I have been to a Paris many times and this establishment and its staff have the honour of being the first to demonstrate appalling levels of customer service.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

We had dinner here a couple of nights on a recent visit to the area. Cocktails and wines were good value and meals were great. We tended to go for the shared platters and this is a good way to try a range of good food. Service staff were knowledgeable and helpful and spoke good English. Would gladly go there again.

Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

The cafe is a short walk from the hotel and saw the great lunch menu. Ordered the truffled mushroom cream with poached egg! Can I just tell you how delicious and dreamy this dish is! Rich cream, chunks of mushroom, and the perfectly half cooked poached egg!!! Simply the best. Then I had the Parisian burger, so filling and cooked medium with layers of toppings!!! For 18 euro, you simply cannot beat that! The service is also friendly and they serve the dishes fast! I went back the next day hopping to order the mushroom again, but it was a sat so the set menu is not there. I ordered the classical rare steak tartare. Very fresh and tasty, paired with a side salad and fries. Really enjoyed this meal as well. I Highly recommend this cafe!!!

Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

We stopped here for brunch on a Sunday morning. Very friendly service, and decent amount of food. Brunch consisted of croissants, French baguette with jam, omelette, tea/coffee, and we ordered the charcuterie on the side which was great.
An excellent breakfast, would definitely return.