“Great steak frites and ambience too”
Review of Poulette

Poulette
Reserve with
Poulette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #721 of 18,471 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We loved Poulette. The vibe is great - pretty and bustling. We had a lovely table in the window which was private but part of the fun too. The steak frites (with salad) was great and the appetizers were winners too.Good prices and good wine. The chocolate dessert was one of the best I've ever had.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We stumbled upon this restaurant by chance and went inside for dinner as it looked cosy. The menu in entirely in French but our waiter was happy to explain the options to us. We both had the steak dish which was cooked excellently, then a dessert to follow, with a nice bottle of wine to accompany, followed by coffees. The food and atmosphere was excellent - felt very typically French and the service was very good. Would highly recommend. Slightly pricey but worthwhile because of the quality of the food and the atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

It has got a very good service, food and atmosphere. It stands out from the rest in the area. You can have a great lunch with dessert for 25€. Great place!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner booked here for our last supper before our evening Eurostar back to London so our sitting was right at opening, 7pm. We were given the recommendation by an English friend who lives in Paris and dines there regularly. Only a handful of tables but a beautifully put together little space. The waiters were very pleasant taking the time to translate the menu for us. We were going to order a starter but considering there were only three tables of people it was 20minutes before we were asked if we wanted a drink, hence the lower mark. Otherwise I can’t fault it, I think us being there on the dot and needing to leave by 8pm is more on us than them. We both ordered the Onglet Steak Frites and it really was incredible. The chips were plentiful and the steak was cooked exactly as we asked (medium). It also came with a side salad dressed with balsamic. The house rose was fine, not stand out but again my choice to have house. Definitely worth a visit, €43 for two big plates of Steak Frites and a glass of rose. I have already passed this on as a recommendation to friends visiting Paris.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Turned up after a very last minute reservation on a Sunday evening. Initially quiet, but the place filled up quickly.

The restaurant itself was sophisticated and modern, without the pretentiousness. Service was efficient and there was a nice relaxed vibe- perfect for dates.

We skipped the starters and headed straight for the main; the signature steak-frites. I had mine medium and my boyfriend, rare. The steak was a little under for my liking, but I usually expect that in France! Also, would have been nice to have been offered some sauces to go with it, but I imagine that is also not the ‘done thing’. The food was delicious and exactly what we expected given the reviews!

I had the house red, which complimented the meal beautifully. There was also a lovely selection of cocktails, although they were slightly too expensive for my budget (10-15 euros each).

Overall, a lovely signature Parisian meal in a relaxing atmosphere. Would go again!

1  Thank Laura W