When I'm paying for a cheap hotel I expect few things. Electricity, running water, cleanliness, and the bed I booked. I got 1 of those things.
On arrival we discovered our room contained 2 single beds (booking was for a queen) and the carpet could have used a vacuum. Settled in for the night to discover that with no air conditioning we had to have the windows open which let in smoke and a lot of noise from the millions of mopeds zooming by.
The next morning we woke up to no electricity. That meant we couldn't shower, as there was no light in the bathroom and we didn't fancy showering in the dark. I complained to management and we were assured it would be fixed. We got back to the hotel that afternoon and were informed that a faulty cable in our room (from my iPad) had started a fire. After some investigation from me I discovered that it was actually my adapter that had shorted when the power came back on in the room. The was much arguing, including me showing them that my iPad cable was fine and still worked. Eventually they refunded my first nights accommodation just to shut me up.
Hotel wifi was rubbish. Used the Starbucks down the road.More
- Free Wifi