“Okay for a short stay, no frills hotel. Nothing outstanding”

Mercure Paris Terminus Nord
Ranked #1,139 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 1 May 2017

This Mercure hotel is rather dated and you can tell it's a old hotel. I would suggest if you want a newer more modern hotel with way better WiFi reception, then the nearby ibis styles hotel just a few doors away would be a better bet (we stayed there on our last trip to Paris). The service at Mercure was okay, nothing spectacular. On the first night, we noticed that the shower gel in the shower was completely empty and it took the reception 45 minutes to bring it over and that was after a repeat telephone call that we needed it to take a shower. You would have expected more from the housekeeping at an established hotel. There was also a small piece of bar soap provided, but no other toiletries. Reminds me of a budget hotel, actually.

The good thing was that we got a really quiet room as we requested for one (room 643) but you sacrifice the view from the window. We faced the back of the building with pipes and lots of pigeons nesting. Of course, the best thing about this mercure hotel is that it's located directly opposite Gare du nord, so it's really convenient if you arrive late and just want to check into a hotel straight away without traveling further.

Coffee and tea facilities were provided in the room, and a safe. But no fridge. The bed was okay but abit on the soft side and the pillows could be better. The WiFi could also be better, we couldn't get any reception on any of our devices on the first night as the signals were too weak. You can pay extra €5.00 for a faster connection though.

Mercure hotel terminus nord is okay for a short stay, especially if you don't intend to stay in the room for long but don't expect a memorable stay.

Room Tip: Unless you want a quiet room which faces some ugly pipes in the building, try and choose a room on a...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Xavi V, Manager at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear guest,
First of all, we wanted to thank you for your positive comments about our hotel.
However, we are deeply sorry that your hotel experience was not up to your expectations, and we thank you for having shared, allowing us to identify the shortcomings that have marked you and which, obviously, require our attention.
We have taken note of your impression regarding the amenities and we will not fail to take into consideration your remarks.
You renewing our deepest regrets, please accept the expression of our best wishes.
Anne Oury, Operation Manager

There are newer reviews for Mercure Paris Terminus Nord

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the fourth time last week with work, true perhaps it's a bit tatty around the edges but you can't beat it for convenience to Gare du Nord, the staff are efficient and diligent and it's great value.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

My choice of hotel was for two reasons. Firstly, I wanted a place where I could get off the Eurostar on the morning of my arrival and leave my bags there until I could check in properly. And this had the advantage of checking out but leaving my bags there before picking them up later the next day before my Eurostar home. And secondly, I am fond of the Accor brand and am I assured of a standard of quality. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel but it is, as you probably would expect in such an area of Paris, they have made do with an old building and all of it quirks.

This hotel is directly across from Gare du Nord. It’s a very busy thoroughfare with numerous buses, taxis, tourists and dodgy locals.

When I originally checked in I was asked if I wanted a room looking inwards (at some pokey space overlooking other residents rooms) or facing out towards the street. I said I wanted a room looking out at street – I thought it would be cool to watch the world go by.

I was disappointed after my gaunt around the city to discover I had been given a room looking inward to a dirty, dim space in the centre of the building. Why ask me in the first place, give me a choice and then do the opposite???

The route to the room is along a series of long and obscure corridors. Which are quite poorly signed. I think the layout of my floor was like 3 hoops of corridors linked together. On two occasions, I circumnavigated the whole floor and still couldn’t find the lift. The lift sign indicated one way but the lift was hidden just off in an alcove behind you.

I liked the room, especially the mock leather bed headboard and similar design on the wall which housed the TV. The room had tea and coffee facilities, but no cream or milk. There were a few stains on the carpet and the bathroom suite was in need of updating / modernising. The towels looked a bit overly used and lacking in that ‘whiteness’ that you would expect from a Mercure. And the sink surface looked as if it had been coated in some form of varnish. It was slightly disconcerting.

The wifi connection was reasonable, which was good. The bed, which looked quite large was actually 2 units connected. Despite that it was very comfortable and I enjoyed a lovely sleep on it.

All the staff I encountered (check in (x 2), check out, the bar and in the passing) were very courteous, friendly and professional.

It’s not the best Mercure in the world, it could do with a bit of a brightening up and a few additions (like an iron in the room would be good). As for location – its brilliant, and for that reason I would gladly stay there again to maximize my visit to Paris.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Where do I start? I arrived at the hotel late evening at around 11.00pm. Greeted by no-one at the entrance other other than a disgustingly dirty old carpet which some travellers have taken pictures of. I should have read the signs.
Waited in the queue with an angry gentleman in front of me who was complaining about the state of his bed.
20' later it's my turn to be checked in. The gentleman who checks me in does not speak English but that is the least of my problems.
I am made to pay for my room upfront which I do and then carry my luggage into a maze, a never ending labyrinth of a corridor as filthy as it gets with wripped off paper wall, people screaming in the corridor and a general state of chaos with dirty laundry trolley left scattered in the corridor.
I finally make it to my room. 2*2m but that is NOT the issue... old and filthy. Hair on furniture broken down bathroom and a badly repaired toilet. See pictures. The matress is non existent which made me realise what the gentleman had been complaining about.
No toilets in the bathroom I call to ask for one and explain my room is unacceptable. I am ignored and asked what towel I would like? I say any maybe a couple would do?
10' later I get the towels but... later on very early morning a cleaning lady breaks into my room without knocking with more towels. I jumped 10 metres high.
Please please do not choose this place it is unsafe and horrendous and you would not want your wife or daughter to stay.

3  Thank MrsMinnie_UK
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

The location is extremely good, directly at opposite to Gare du Nord station in Paris. The room had a good size as well as the bathroom. Wifi is included

But you see in the rooms and the bath that the hotel is old and worn out: visible marks on the floor, used bath tiles with small defects, etc. needs a compete renovation.

1  Thank Thomas S