“"Slept better than at home"”

Mercure Paris Terminus Nord
Ranked #1,144 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Ok, there is building works, and the entrance is temporary. But for our stay on Saturday night, it was extremely quiet on the 5th floor, but wasn't overlooking the road, which may have been a different story. Breakfast was very nice, with someone near to hand, if you needed help. I found all the staff to be friendly with a good sense of humour.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Mercure Paris Terminus Nord

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

I am staying in this hotel since last 10 years but only due to its location.there is nothing great in this hotel. Rooms are absolute hole then be called rooms. Breakfast is very brief with not many choices. So for me it's not by choice but due to my work.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2017

As always a comfortable room, clean and spacious. The hotel is being renovated at the moment so there is a little distruption but they are making it as easy as possible for the guests. Convienant for the station

Room Tip: Good views of the station with rooms at the front
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarilynMacDonald
Xavi V, Manager at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience within our hotel.
We are happy to read your comments and see that you enjoyed your stay here and the service that has been offered to you.
We then look forward to welcome you again in our hotel.
Best Regards,
Anne Oury, Operation Manager

Reviewed 12 July 2017

This is the hotel I always stay at when visiting Paris. I always travel by Eurostar and the hotel is across the road from Gare du Nord. There are also excellent transport links via the Metro and RER, with the centre of Paris accessible within minutes. The area surrounding the station has improved greatly. This historic hotel is currently undergoing major renovation which will be completed in 2018. This did not affect my stay, which I thoroughly enjoyed. There is a temporary entrance close to the permanent one. Reception is on the first floor at the end of the breakfast room. The Golden Arrow Bar has been temporarily replaced by a Pop Up Bar, with seating within the breakfast room (which is so far unaffected). The staff, as ever, are extremely helpful, polite and knowledgeable. The choice of room was restricted, which I understood. I usually request a room looking outward toward the street / station but one was not available due to the renovation. The room itself was clean and tidy and I was not disturbed by any works. There remains a left luggage facility which is invaluable for those signing out but not departing until later in the day. I will visit again even while renovation is ongoing.

Room Tip: I prefer a room looking out across to Gare du Nord / streets / Sacre Coeur in the distance but other...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank JohnSanderson754

Dear Mr Sanderson,
Thank you very much for your comments! I didn't have the chance to meet you yet but I want to thank you for loyalty for this hotel.
We can't wait to have a brandly new hotel and I am sure you will enjoy relaxing in our new bar in 2018.
It is with great pleasure that I have forwarded your comments to our team who is allways happy to have you with us.
Best Regards, Anne Oury, Operation Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We chose this hotel for its proximity to the Gare du Nord. It certainly has that going for it, although the entrance was not easy to find with current building works going on. We arrived at 21:40. Being an elite member (not something I cherish with Accor given their lack of customer service), I was given a voucher for a welcome drink, with the advice that the bar closes at 22:00. My colleague and I dumped our luggage in the rooms, and returned to the bar ten minutes later. No-one was to be seen. The receptionist then advised that the bar had closed - no apology. We decided to find a beer outside, and returned an hour or so later. I then called down for an iron. Three calls and nearly an hour later, it turned up, by which time I was wishing I were asleep.
My room was more tired than I was: peeling wallpaper, stained carpet, badly scratched sink in bathroom; I could go on. The air conditioning control was in a dark part of the room near the door - I had to use the torch on my phone to see it! At least it was quiet, facing as it did on an internal courtyard. The wi-fi was variable; it is possible to pay extra for a faster service, but that should not be necessary these days, especially at the price of these rooms! Toiletries were limited to a bar of soap and wall-mounted dispenser of combined shower gel /shampoo above the bath/shower.
On our second evening, we returned to the hotel around 17:45, and I decided to use the drink voucher. The small lounge area by the bar was full, so we sat at one of the adjacent tables which were already set for breakfast. It took only a few seconds before we were told that we could not sit there. The bar was then abandoned once more, with nothing but a bitter taste.
Breakfast was a good collection of cold meats and cheeses, but at €17 each I would have expected more. And if any of the staff read this - a smile costs nothing!! We were certainly not made to feel welcome.
Frankly I would avoid this hotel. There are plenty of alternatives.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Grumpy_Tim

Dear Tim,
I would like to thank you for choosing the Hotel Mercure Paris Terminus Nord and for taking the time to share your comments.
Allow me to tell you how truly we regret your disappointment regarding your stay with us.
First of all, I am really sorry for the state of your room and be assured that we are doing everything to make our hotel brand new as quick as possible.
Also, you rightly highlighted certain insufficiencies in the service that was provided to you at the Reception and especially at the bar and this is not the service we want to provide to our dear guests. I attach considerable importance to correcting our mistakes, in order to improve the quality and your satisfaction. If you agree to contact me, I would like to discuss the matter directly with you and provide you with the most pertinent answers and take the appropriate actions regarding this matter. Don't hesitate to contact me at h2761-dm@accor.com.
I hope to win back your trust,
Anne Oury, Operation Manager