“Dinner”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Wonderful service and delicious food. Reasonable price for dinner and cheaper at lunch. Wine fairly priced. I understand they "invented" French onion soup, and their's is certainly excellent.

There are newer reviews for La Petite Chaise

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We spent 2 days in Paris as part of our tour package. This was the restaurant where we had our farewell dinner. The place was elegantly decorated. The food was absolutely delicious, not to mention the desserts. The staff members were very friendly and accommodating. It was a very nice way to end our visit to Paris.

3  Thank Mari S
Reviewed 26 February 2017

I have wanted to go here for a few years because it is one of the oldest restaurants in Paris. The restaurant looks lovely from the outside, and the dining room is classic, simple French design. I got there at 8 for my reservation and noted that I was the only foreigner in the restaurant. This changed over the course of the next hour - young Americans studying abroad, a couple from Colorado who were back for the second night in a row, a few more foreigners and a group of out of town French people filled the dining room. I had the set menu for 36 Euros (plus an additional charge for the rack of lamb). I ordered a Kir as an aperitif and ordered a glass of wine with dinner - and the server brought both at the same time. Instead of a homemade amuse-bouche with the aperitif I was given a small bowl of the kind of appetizer crackers you can purchase at the grocery store (and that I would expect at a much simpler cafe/bar - not in Paris). The goat cheese salad on toast was missing the toast and was nothing special, so the meal didn't get off to a great start. The lamb was lovely, as were the vegetables. I finished with the cafe gourmand, which as others have indicated, was a really nice way to get a taste of several of their desserts. Am I glad I went? Yes. But I probably won't return, simply because of the sheer number of fabulous restaurants in Paris for a little more money....

Reviewed 26 February 2017

On my first night in Paris, I walked to this historical restaurant (reputed as the most antique of Paris), a typical bistro, had soup à l'oignon, magret de canard, and mango and citron vert sorbet for dessert. Everything served perfectly, at a reasonable price (around 50-60 euros with wine (demi-bouteille). You can read about the place's history, going back to the 17th century.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

This appears to be a family owned restaurant and it is exceptional! I especially loved the Café Gourmand. My friend and colleague Jodie Hedrick wrote of it: I love food that makes me smile and nothing makes me smile more than dessert! What's better than one dessert? Three or four, voilà!
My absolute favorite dessert in France is the Café Gourmand! It combines an espresso with three or four fabulous mini-desserts. The fun is that you never know what will show up on the plate! It might be a scrumptious crème brûlée, or an exquisite macaron, or perhaps a velvety, smooth chocolate mousse.
Whatever it is, the presentation will always be beautiful and the desserts will always be sinfully delicious!
When in France, just say "Oui" to the Café Gourmand! À bientôt!