“So charming and helpful”
Review of La Petite Chaise

La Petite Chaise
Ranked #796 of 17,611 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed 18 July 2017

It was recommended by a friend who goes to Paris frequently and we are glad we didn't miss it because in addition to wonderful food the proprietor got us a taxi

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Pick any other corner café and you would be better off! Quite the disappointment and considering the cost - quite the shame. Service was slow and the only positive was the onion soup. Certainly not worth it.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

We took our daughter for her bithday and had a wonderful meal. All the dishes were delicious and the deserts were amazing. They even put a happy birthday chocolate on my daughter's cake. The waiter was friendly and efficient. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I sought out this restaurant because I read that it was the oldest restaurant in Paris, and I was not disappointed! It was easy to find and not far from some lively Left Bank shopping areas. They serve classic French food in a quaint, cute setting. I did not have to wait at all for a table, the service was excellent, and the food was some of the best I enjoyed during my weeklong stay in Paris. Prices are a bit more expensive than a typical cafe, but the dining experience is worth it! I came for lunch and ordered just an entree, rather than an entire main plat or a multiple course meal, and it was enough food for me, but someone with a larger appetite might want to go with the plat or with more than one course.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Wonderful service and delicious food. Reasonable price for dinner and cheaper at lunch. Wine fairly priced. I understand they "invented" French onion soup, and their's is certainly excellent.