“Belated birthday lunch”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were in Paris for the day and choose this restaurant as highly recommend.
We had to que for long time which was the only bad thing as it was cold and the children were bored.
Food was really good and very good price. We had foie gras to share delicious, one of the group had escargot she said were the best she had every had! The main courses were also fantastic. Our waiter was excellent he was funny and entertaining as well as good server.

1  Thank Janet C
Write a ReviewReviews (11,448)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had been here before with some friends who are native Parisians. A thoroughly enjoyable experience although the food is good and wholesome rather than haute cuisine. But it's the ambience that you go for, and the experience. Just get there early, before 7pm is my advice.

2  Thank Kelvin F
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was introduced to this place by a friend - I'd never have discovered it otherwise. And I am so pleased she did. Yes, there was a queue to get in (but that's a good sign, yes?). When we got to the front we were seated promptly. Our waiter was nothing short of excellent - added real fun to the experience (see photo). The food was great too. And the price was very very good. I would definitely go again and would recommend to others to visit.

2  Thank Geoff A
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Chartier is beautiful and the food is delicious and astonishingly cheap. Queues can be daunting but get there early - by about 12.30 for lunch, 6.45 for dinner and you may be able to walk more or less straight in - the French eat late.

it used to have a reputation for brusque waiters and hurrying you through - neither seems still to apply - our waiter was charming and very patient. I love this place.

2  Thank Alison D
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited here on a Saturday night and the queue was huge. We joined the queue at 9:30 and were seated by 10:30! I have never queued this long for a restaurant before, but saw this happening at different places across Paris. I was so glad we waited! The food was affordable, with great large sized wine! And the food was all amazing. I was able to try snails here (as it is always normally so expensive in Paris but here it was cheap) and they were amazing! I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Despite the long queues the staff do not rush you and our waiter was kind enough to show me how to properly eat the snails! Definitely come here :)

1  Thank Dos123456