“Good Atmosphere”
Review of Chez Francis

Chez Francis
Reserve with
Chez Francis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11,606 of 17,892 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed 19 September 2017

This is a touristy spot with a great view of the Eiffel Tower. There is significant outdoor seating with warming lights when needed. We were there in September and we were able to sit outside to enjoy the view even on a cool evening. The food is inconsistent. I loved the duck, but my hubby's steak was bad. Staff was Ok, but not engaged.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I went here with the idea of getting an outdoor table with a view of the Eiffel Tower at sunset. I got exactly what I wanted and, as result, had a very nice dinner. Had I gone here for a gourmet meal or found myself sitting inside, I would have been unhappy. The view from my outdoor table couldn't be beat. The food could easily have been bested by any number of restaurants but was fine. I had the tomato and burrata salad which was nicely peppered and maybe a little over salted. The salmon and a side of green beans were simple dishes that were simply prepared. The bread was fresh and the service was fine. They even got me a plate of berries and whipped cream for dessert which was not on the menu. The price with a couple glasses of wine came to over $100 which was a bit much for the quality of the food but was there for the views more than the food so I didn't object. Set your expectations accordingly and enjoy Chez Francis for what it is.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Although we were seated immediately, we were not further acknowledged for over 30 minutes! After finally ordering, we waited over an hour for our food, which was absolutely horrible! The salmon was "boiled" and tasteless, the chicken leg, although 32 euros, was literally a bone with no meat, and the sirloin steak (35 euros) was microscopic! The sides were tiny-- fries were stale and green beans were dried out. Although the bill was several hundred euros for four people, we were still starving upon departure. Service was horrendous and filled with attitude. Total ambivalence when we mentioned our dissatisfaction. Save your money and go elsewhere!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I wouldn't have bothered.....

We went there undecided about having a few drinks or lunch but headed there one afternoon last week.

We looked at the menu but not being too hungry we figured just drinks first.
We we served by a lady who wasn't particularly welcoming but wasn't too big a deal for me.
However - while still drinking and deciding our next plan, she brings the bill and asks us to pay. Didn't ask if we wanted another drink or if we had decided on food either.
I am familiar with the bill being given before we ask but not asking to pay especially as we could have been there for a while. Needless to say she made our mind up.

No doubt they get enough footfall to not make an effort, but would rather not have the view and better service.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Forget the food. It's not awful but it's not good. Try to forget the service, but it will be difficult. A French couple sent their food back and established a strange detente with the staff and bidirectional looks of disgust were free flowing. A senior American couple walked out and made several choice comments. We drank wine and enjoyed the view of the Eiffel and each other. Come thirsty, not hungry. I would probably 'suffer' through it again.