“BIGGEST MISTAKE IN PARIS”
Review of Chez Francis

Chez Francis
Reserve with
Chez Francis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11,606 of 17,892 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Well to anyone who reads this. Chez Francis is my biggest mistake in Paris.
Please avoid this at all cost.
First of all we had to wait for tables even though they were right in front of us. Five minutes no big deal. Then we sat and had the horrible luck of having Joana as our server. She was miserable and very much of a failure in the waitressing department.
First she brings one of wine then when questioned says this is your and the other will be there in a mean tone.
I ordered foie gras which states grilled on the menu. It came and was pate
I called her over and stated know that's it.
Ok maybe I goofed and read wrong.
No it clearly stated on the menu grilled.
Then she forgets the lunch for a while which was the crying beef.
When it finally came it was good.
Kathy had a Caesar salad which was ok.
Might be a 3 star if service was half decent.
The view is excellent as your looking right into the Eifel tower.

Service 0 stars

Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This was defiantly the low light of our entire European tour. Having dined here in the past, I took our party to the restaurant for the beautiful view of La tour Eiffel. we were seated immediately and then things deteriorated. The restaurant was not al all busy, less than 10% full. We politely asked several times for a waiter. No one seemed to claim our table. After about 1/2 hour we were served drinks. Asked for water, did not receive it. After waiting for an hour for a server we paid our bill and went to a delightful corner neighborhood restaurant. As we were leaving, we notice that the restaurant was still very empty.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

€266 euros for a light lunch for two!

Yes that’s right and would I go again, yes I would.

Superb location. Superb seafood. Great bottle of champagne. Pretty good service.

But my god Parisians are amazing at loading the bill. You pay for absolutely everything; bread, water, coffee. Well you expect that don’t you. Perhaps but not when you’ve spent €150 Euro On a Platter of seafood and they say would you like some water only to see another €8 Euro on the bill

I did like the place though and the food was superb and yes I’d do it again. I’d probably avoid supper that day though.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

The view is beautiful and the staff was kind. We enjoyed two steak dishes that were very tasty. Pricing was reasonable and did I mention the view? It's worth mentioning twice because it was beautiful.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We visited for the second time this year for lunch.Food was great but the staff were rude and at best inattentive. We would have liked to order more drinks and dessert but we were left waiting a very long time and so gave up and left. We also felt pressure to tip (although we wouldn't usually for bad service and attitude) and had to wait some time for our change.

1  Thank Rowan C