“Perfect!”
Review of Epicure

Epicure
Reserve with
Epicure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 20,174 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$40 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Saint-Honore
Reviewed 30 May 2017

The best restaurant in France or probably in the whole world. I was there with my boyfriend and it was the most romantic dinner in our life. The food was absolutely amazing! The atmosphere in this restaurant was so magic.

Date of visit: March 2017
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Food and Beverage Manager at Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear guest,

May we thank you for your warm comments regarding your experience at Epicure on TripAdvisor.

It is incredibly wonderful to hear that we were able to set the perfect tone in order for you to enjoy the experience you desired. Our dedicated service team are always willing to tailor their service in order to accommodate our guests as they wish, and we are therefore overjoyed to hear we achieved this during your stay.

It is truly an honour to be considered as the best restaurant in France in your eyes, and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Food and Beverage Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,591)

Reviewed 29 May 2017

When I decided I wanted to splurge on dinner at the best restaurant in France, I emailed Epicure to ask if they could accommodate vegetarian and gluten-free dietary restrictions. I thought as there really is not veg on the menu, I would get a "not possible." Instead we were told "of course!" and that it would be figured out on the spot. I was THRILLED! And that was only the beginning of my thrill.

We were at Epicure on Saturday May 20 and it was by far the highlight of our time in France. Epicure is not only the best restaurant in the world in general, but they accommodated both our dietary restrictions with UNBELIEVABLE dishes on the spot. The gluten free bread actually brought my friend to tears of joy, and I ordered "whatever the chef would like to make" and received the most beautiful meal imaginable. I cannot even start to explain it - even our fantastic server said she was excited to see the main dish as she had never seen it before!

On top of the unbelievably delicious meals we all enjoyed (and there were meat eaters, too, who said their meals were fantastic, of course), the care the entire staff takes is remarkable! Everyone was so charming, and so much fun - which I really hadn't expected (I had expected formality, to be honest). I knew I would enjoy the meal, but I was so impressed to have enjoyed the charm of the entire staff, as well. Would you believe they actually made a loaf of their gluten-free bread for my friend to take to go???

Epicure is not just the best restaurant in France - it must be the best restaurant in the world! It is truly remarkable - go and ENJOY!

Dear guest,

We are overwhelmed to be able to read such a heartfelt and warming review, and we would like to express our gratitude for sharing your experience with us at Epicure on TripAdvisor.

In terms of your warm comments about our service team at Epicure, it is always our pleasure to provide a bespoke service, taking into careful consideration the needs and desires of each guest individually. We are more than glad we were able to make your dining experience at Epicure not only a memorable one, but also a personal highlight for you. We are extremely grateful to know that we are, in your eyes, the best. It is therefore with humble pride that we can pass on your lovely compliments to our team at Epicure.
As for our culinary team, lead by head chef Eric Frechon, we are glad we were able to customise our menu in order to suit your dietary needs and wishes. Again, we are thrilled to be able to pass on your wonderful compliments to not only Chef Eric Frechon, but also to the motivated, passionate, and determined culinary team, which work tirelessly behind him.

We would be overjoyed to be able to welcome you back at Epicure, in order to offer you another “remarkable” experience with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

We have enjoyed perhaps six other Michelin three star restaurant's in Paris in the past and have been appropriately impressed by the atmosphere, the service and the cuisine. Epicure certainly had a a lovely venue and genuinely gracious service but, in all honesty, the cuisine was less exceptional than expected or warranted at their price point. We would have probably preferred, say Pre Catelan for the venue or Taillevant for the cuisine or Ledoyen for both to the Epicure. Still the warmth of the greeting and the service made the $500 per person billing seem warranted.We really cannot overstate the service which, in Paris, can sometimes can become lost in an attempt at "professionalism ".

Dear guest,

May we thank you for sharing your experience with us at Epicure on TripAdvisor.

We are incredibly pleased to hear that our service team at Epicure were able to provide you with such a memorable service. We are especially glad to know that we, above all, were able to make you feel comfortable and welcome at Epicure; sentiments, which, we believe, are essential to appreciate fully a dining, experience.
However, we deplore hearing that in terms of our cuisine, we were unable to meet your expectations. The head chef of Epicure, Eric Frechon, carefully crafts each dish with a personal touch, ensuring a unique tasting experience each time.

Therefore, we would be more than happy to welcome you back to offer you a new culinary experience, and to ensure you of our will to provide our guests with an exceptional and extraordinary dining experience.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

The best restaurant in the world!!!
Thank you so much for amazing evening for me and my wife. It was very romantic birthday-dinner.
The best service, the best meal, the best atmosphere!!!

Dear guest,

May we thank you for your warm review of Epicure on TripAdvisor.

We are more than honoured to have been able to provide you the dining experience you hoped for, especially on such an important occasion. We are enchanted to be considered as the best restaurant for you, and have passed on your warm compliments to the Epicure team.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again for a further memorable experience at Epicure.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I'm conflicted in writing this review; having eaten at a 3 Michelin Star restaurant only once before (Osteria Francescana I came to Epicure with little to compare against. However, having dined at several 2 star establishments and many 1 star restaurants I had at least an inkling.
In any event, simply by holding the accolade expectations are already set sky high; the very best ingredients in precision-prepared dishes, presented flawlessly with impeccable service should be a minimum. By that measure, so far so good.
But this is where holding 3 stars entitles diners to be extremely picky. Firstly the somewhat strange reception by the maitre'd. I know it's Paris, and an exclusive restaurant in an exclusive hotel (at which we were residents) but the full-length up-and-down look was patronising - I'm generally not bothered by these things - and unwelcome. That said, the service from the waiting staff and sommelier was friendly and unobtrusive. Incidentally I am still baffled by the continued insistence of some restaurants to enforce the gentlemen-must-wear-jackets rule. It's their prerogative of course, but really, in 2017?
That however is relatively minor in comparison to the lack of innovation in the dishes, which is my second criticism. We went for the tasting menu in order to get the full experience. There is no doubt that each and every dish is prepared with a great deal of skill and care and that the original creation of the dishes took much thought. Each one was well balance and flavoursome. Again that's a given. But no single dish struck me as being particularly innovative ('safe' springs to mind) and while far from bland, none were outstanding in flavour or surprising in any way.
That brings me to my final observation and in a way my biggest disappointment. Such a high quality, labour intensive dining experience in opulent surroundings in one of the world's great capital cities is never going to be cheap. However I see no justification for the price charged at Epicure. I am certainly not price sensitive about these things - in fact I subscribe to the 'reassuringly expensive' school of thought - but this really tested me. To put it in some perspective the next most expensive tasting menu I've experienced was roughly two-thirds of the price (food only that is). I was left feeling that the only reason was the 3-star status and for me that is insufficient justification. Yes it's good, but not that good. Which is a pity because had the price been better aligned to the experience (or vice-versa) then it wouldn't be an issue.

Date of visit: May 2017
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Food and Beverage Manager at Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for taking your time to express your experience with us at Epicure on TripAdvisor.

It brings us an immense pleasure to hear that you were pleased with our service team on the floor. Our primary aim at Epicure is to make our guests feel welcome and at ease, as we believe this is essential in order to properly enjoy a fine dining experience.

It is therefore extremely regrettable to hear that we were not able to make you feel welcome throughout your entire stay with us, and we would like to offer you our apologies if any actions by our staff were able to be misinterpreted.

Furthermore, we deplore hearing that that we were unable to fulfil your expectations in terms of the culinary experience we offer. Chef Eric Frechon has been passionately creating Epicure’s dishes since 1993, where he explores and focuses on providing a generous, friendly, and authentic French cuisine in the image of his person. In order to achieve the specific taste, which Chef Frechon desires for his dishes to explore, we order only the highest quality of carefully selected raw products. It is due to the authentic and organic nature of these raw products that we charge our prices at Epicure.

We would like to welcome you back to Epicure in order to offer you a new culinary experience, and to ensure you of our desire to provide you with an outstanding experience.