“Really good ! ”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We tried magret de canard there, it was really delicious and it was my first meal in France. I recommend this place

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We enjoyed Le Petit Marche so much, we dined there twice! Absolutely everything we ordered was well presented and delicious. We LOVED the Magret de Canard (Duck Breast); the Entrocôte (Rib Eye) and peppercorn sauce were also delicious! The tables are small placed near one another. We opted to eat outside both times we visited and thoroughly enjoyed interacting with our fellow diners to either side of us.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Tables are a bit small. Be prepared, it wont be comfortable.
Wines have a reasonable price.
Starters were AMAZING: Shrimp, tartare, salad chinois and terrine.
Main dishes were great. Entrecote, lamb and pork were very good but the duck magret was the champion of the night
Creme brulee was good and the “petit gateau” was very good.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Food - 5
Cleanliness - 5
Staff - 4.5
Location - 5
Other positives - this is an amazing restaurant. The food was delicious, he best meal we had in France! My girlfriend had the steak and it was huge. I had the lamb and it was cooked to perfection. Alongside sides of mash and green beens this meal was faultless!
Other negatives - none
Value for money/Overall rating - 5
Would I go again? Oui, tres bien!

(1=Terrible, 2=Poor, 3=Average, 4=Good, 5=Amazing)

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

In spite of visiting Le Petit Marché on what would normally be a quiet evening (a Tuesday in March), we were surprised to find the small restaurant quite full at 7:30 pm. We had not reserved a table but they squeezed us in, as they did several other couples and small groups who arrived afterwards. The fact that it was so full, and that some were willing to wait ten minutes or so to be seated, spoke volumes.

The service was excellent (we spoke French and were replied to in French) - very efficient without the feeling that we were being hurried so that they could have our table. We were looking at live updates of a key football cup tie on my mobile, suffering from a very poor mobile signal, and our server asked us what match we were looking at, then produced a WiFi code for us. Everyone sympathised with us when we told them the score was 0-0 (the match eventually went to penalties and Aberdeen won it, to our great relief).

There was a great choice on the carte and the prices were reasonable. I had the tempura gambas as a starter and my wife had shiitake mushrooms. Both were delicious. For mains, my wife had filet de porc and I had filet d'agneau, both very tender and mine nicely pink. Through the bottle of Pinot Noir they brought was not the wine I had chosen from the list, it was a good substitute. A tiny minus for the server not explaining that they had run out of the wine on the list (I presume that was the reason for the substitution).

We finished off with espressos, noting that, as with the vegetable dish, the cups had been heated - always a sign of attention to detail.

Some people might prefer a bit more room between the tables but no one jogged our elbows and there was a great atmosphere in the place. Well worth searching out.