“Great find , lovely food and very friendly service ”
Review of Le Suffren

Le Suffren
Ranked #437 of 17,892 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on Sunday evening and enjoyed every moment .

Very friendly yet professional staff, the food was excellent quality. We had oysters, red mullet and steak followed by profiteroles and caramelised apple cake and some red wine . Everything was delicious and considering in Paris we felt quite reasonably priced for the quality.

This is a busy restaurant and you can see why ! Would definitely recommend.

P.s the bathrooms were very clean too !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Spotted on one of my favourite angles of Paris.
An Institution.. in the same family for almost 50 years .. true French/Parisian Brasserie tradition. All is good and fresh. Especially fruits se mer. Hard to make a mistake if coming here. Service is efficient and kind. Value for money is good.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant last year and enjoyed it so we returned. We were served extremely fast and enjoyed our meal just as we did last year, we had veal, it was delicious. I am not sure why so many complain about the service, ask and you shall receive. Remember you are not in your country, be patient and relax.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I wanted to have a good authentic French meal on the evening of my birthday. We chose Le Suffren because of the reviews and that it catered for vegetarians.

When we first arrived all seemed well, the waiter was of good humor and seated us in a good location (although practically sitting on the laps of those next to us, but that seems quite normal). We ordered our drinks and our mains which came within good time.

I had porcini tagliatelle (not French but the only vegetarian option) my partner had the confit duck. The pasta was nice, but the porcini were quiet salty. The duck was cooked well and tasted nice.

We waited for our table to be cleared and we wanted to order dessert, we waited over 30minutes for someone to take or desert order but once ordered they came promptly.

We would have liked to have ordered more drinks or coffee, but nobody came to our table. We was then given our bill after around 40 minutes of waiting around after we finished dessert, even after trying to flag somebody down, which was annoying as there was plenty of waiting staff hanging around inside not doing a lot.

If that's the service to expect in a 'typically french' dining experience, I'm glad we only did it once in the 4 days we were in Paris.
I know we're British and I'm not sure if that's why we got bad service but I did make an effort to speak as much French as I knew, but I don't think it was appreciated.

I wish we had gone somewhere else to be honest, after we finally had the bill and paid it was too late to continue my birthday celebrations elsewhere so we called it a night.

1  Thank Lauralovestoexplore
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I have been going to this restruant since 1998 and used to love it.. The last visit I was disappointed with the service and was concerned that the waiters are being rude and the food quality is dropping seriously. I visited this restaurant 2 weeks ago, and the food quality is now bad and the restaurant has become too touristy and the worst of the all when I got the bill the waiter automatically added a 10 euro tip on 60 euro bill, when I asked him he was total jerk and said that was his choice. Spoke to the manger and he was of little or no help. For reference I used to stay at he Hilton( now the Pullman) and used to eat at this restruant ona regular basis evry trip I was in Paris. Now food is lousy ( the duck confit) and I find the sea food not fresh and to top it off have to deal with lousy wait staff. Good luck to them I am never going back.

2  Thank vramdev