“Lots of fun, good food”
Review of Le Suffren

Le Suffren
Ranked #1,251 of 18,464 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Went with two good friends who live round the corner. Balmy night with good food, perfectly OK service, good value - it was a lot of fun and I'd go back no problem.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on Sunday evening and enjoyed every moment .

Very friendly yet professional staff, the food was excellent quality. We had oysters, red mullet and steak followed by profiteroles and caramelised apple cake and some red wine . Everything was delicious and considering in Paris we felt quite reasonably priced for the quality.

This is a busy restaurant and you can see why ! Would definitely recommend.

P.s the bathrooms were very clean too !

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Spotted on one of my favourite angles of Paris.
An Institution.. in the same family for almost 50 years .. true French/Parisian Brasserie tradition. All is good and fresh. Especially fruits se mer. Hard to make a mistake if coming here. Service is efficient and kind. Value for money is good.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant last year and enjoyed it so we returned. We were served extremely fast and enjoyed our meal just as we did last year, we had veal, it was delicious. I am not sure why so many complain about the service, ask and you shall receive. Remember you are not in your country, be patient and relax.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I wanted to have a good authentic French meal on the evening of my birthday. We chose Le Suffren because of the reviews and that it catered for vegetarians.

When we first arrived all seemed well, the waiter was of good humor and seated us in a good location (although practically sitting on the laps of those next to us, but that seems quite normal). We ordered our drinks and our mains which came within good time.

I had porcini tagliatelle (not French but the only vegetarian option) my partner had the confit duck. The pasta was nice, but the porcini were quiet salty. The duck was cooked well and tasted nice.

We waited for our table to be cleared and we wanted to order dessert, we waited over 30minutes for someone to take or desert order but once ordered they came promptly.

We would have liked to have ordered more drinks or coffee, but nobody came to our table. We was then given our bill after around 40 minutes of waiting around after we finished dessert, even after trying to flag somebody down, which was annoying as there was plenty of waiting staff hanging around inside not doing a lot.

If that's the service to expect in a 'typically french' dining experience, I'm glad we only did it once in the 4 days we were in Paris.
I know we're British and I'm not sure if that's why we got bad service but I did make an effort to speak as much French as I knew, but I don't think it was appreciated.

I wish we had gone somewhere else to be honest, after we finally had the bill and paid it was too late to continue my birthday celebrations elsewhere so we called it a night.

1  Thank Lauralovestoexplore