“Just found by accident”
Review of Baan issan

Baan issan
Reserve with
Baan issan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,546 of 17,863 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$14 - US$24
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Neighbourhood: Gobelins
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We entered the restaurant on good luck. The staff helped us in a friendly way. ordered many different dishes. The manager advised us on our choice.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Best Pad Si Ew (big noodles with soy sauce) in town!! This is one of my favorite Thai spot in Paris.

Reviewed 31 December 2015

Very nice find. We went on recommendations from here on trip advisor and enjoyed very much. Good food with a decent price. Only negative was the small size of the main dish, so I also recommend getting a starter. If you are near and fan of thai food, go give it a try!

Reviewed 19 November 2015

After booking a couple of days for my birthday in Paris, we were booked into a boutique hotel a block away. So after reading reviews of this restaurant and being a great fan of Thai cuisine, especially in London and the many trips we have taken to Thailand, we expected this to be a treat.

The service is very good and even though the restuarant is quite small, the atmosphere is good. We ordered a Papaya Salad and when it arrived, it looked ok - a bit more like all thrown together in a bowl. The salad was average...but hardly any spicey chili kick to it. Very sweet, but hardly no spice. We ordered a King Prawn Green Chili Curry with Steamed Rice and a Shrimp Pad Thai. Both meals were presented well and look so appealing...but again as we tucked in, there was hardly any spicy kick to any of the dishes! What a shame! So we put it down to that maybe the locals pallet is not for spicy flavours??

Do not get me wrong, the food presentation was spot on, but maybe I like my food with more of an autherntic taste to it.

Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

I visited the restaurent last night with my friends. We ordered mixed papaya salad with thai noodles,soja,crabs,pork sausage,it was delicious and full of flavors !!!! the service is very attentive and very friendly. If you are foreigners,please mention that you want to have real "thai taste" and you will find the Thai orginal "street food savor" in Paris with reasonable price.